is it possible for adhoch connection with wireless router WA1003A

• Thread starter Thread starter arwind_x
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,356

arwind_x

i am using dataone 2mbps line for my internet connection. they provided me wireless adsl router WA1003A along with the connection. with the help of ethernet i use the connection on my desktop pc. Recently i purchased a new laptop Dell(inspiron 6400 with VISTA). with the help of wifi i connected net from my laptop. in the situation i have 3 queries1. is simaltaneous connection both from laptop(wifi) n from desktop(ethernet) is possible or not?2.net connection in laptop seems very slow compared to desktop, y?most need query is3.WITH THAT WA1003A ROUTER IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE ADHOC NETWORK OR SHARE FILE BETWEEN MY LAPTOP N DESKTOP???MY 3RD QUERY IS VERY IMPORTANT PLS GUIDE ME IN IT

1. It is posible, I use MTNL broadband in this configuration.2. Try connecting Laptop directly to router (through LAN cable) and let me know if speed it aby better.3. For ADHOC mode you DO NOT need any router at all. Two WiFi adapters will do that. But since you have a router, adhoc is not even needed. Desktop and Laptop can connect directly.

Upvote 0
QUOTE(netfreak @ Apr 4 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]86174[/snapback]
1. It is posible, I use MTNL broadband in this configuration.
2. Try connecting Laptop directly to router (through LAN cable) and let me know if speed it aby better.
3. For ADHOC mode you DO NOT need any router at all. Two WiFi adapters will do that. But since you have a router, adhoc is not even needed. Desktop and Laptop can connect directly.[/b]

So in wireless is there no twicking process to speedit up...?
hey u told that my desktop n laptop will be connected directly but it is not so... i cant see the files present in other machine from my machine...?

as i'm newbie pls guide me from core... i want to connect my laptop n desktop together n share the files...

hey directly witont any alter i acquired ip from both the ip i ping it... it was sucessful... but pls tell me how to share n view the files...??

netfreak pls guide me

Upvote 0
hey guys i m in the same wagon ,ie me too wanna share files of both pc n laptop as both r sharing internet already same connection btw, pc is on wired internet n lappy on wifi ,but file shrin i donno how 2 do it pls hlp 4m start i m a noob in d pc world thnx

Upvote 0
QUOTE(illusion @ Apr 6 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]86379[/snapback]
hey u told that my desktop n laptop will be connected directly but it is not so... i cant see the files present in other machine from my machine...?[/b]

Questions:

1. What OS is running on Laptop /Desktop. ()windows XP Home / Professional /Mac /.....)
2. Did you Share files from either PC or Lpatop?
3. Do you have firewall installed on either machine?

Upvote 0
m8 i have xp sp2 on pc and xp sp2 mediacentre on lappy , i cud neva share files on em ,yes i think i have firewall installed on both.

Upvote 0
1. It is posible, I use MTNL broadband in this configuration.
Hi i have the same prob
Hey is any setting required for this in the router's setup page?? because whenever i try to connect this way, the first one will connect but the second computer that tries to connect gets the message "username/password invalid on domain"

Upvote 0
@toocool7610 @ rosshalz.
How to Share Folders and Printers on Your Network | Hardware Secrets You may have to read all the seven pages!
I just got the link for you !
k thanks.... i'll check it out and get back

and i think u gave me the wrong link by mistake... there's another link in the first page of the tutorial u sent me that is more concerned with wat i want though...

Upvote 0