• Thread starter Thread starter shaq774
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,286

shaq774

ISP
Airtel
Hey buddies,

My uncle is bringing an Wireless ADSL router from USA. I want to know if i use it for my Airtel 256K unlimited connection, will i be able to browse at 256K constantly on all the connected computers (Usually max 2 desks & 1 Lappy)?

A technical person said the speed gets divided between the connected computers, but my uncle says its bullsh** & all the computers will have maximum constant speeds (In my case 256K). Please help me on this!!!

Regards,
Shaq

what your uncle says is bulls**t here.

hehe Sushubh bhai... relax...... dear shag, the speed will be divided among 3, depending on the usage. if only one system is consuming the bandwidth, it will get full 256 kbps, n if all 3 are using simultaneously, it will be divided...

it's like water supplies. not like cable tv. in simple words. bandwidth is limited. it gets divided.

Yeah right, like 8 Mbps UL in UK & other "DEVELOPED COUNTRIES" is also a BS. Right? Just because India don't have it, that does not mean what my uncle says is BS!. I hope a DHead such as yourself understands!!!

ummm... that made no sense... Relax, shaq.... what Sushubh (and others) said was correct, though perhaps not polite. This has got nothing to do with India vs. the west. Wherever you go in the world, if you have 3 computers connected to one internet connection, the computers will share the bandwidth. Your uncle is most certainly mistaken.

ba ha ha ha ha !! what gyp ! please tell your phoren unkal to get me one of those magic routers too please ?!