• Thread starter Thread starter santu_29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 5,752

santu_29

Regulars
ISP
mtnl
i am getting download speed af around 20-26 kb/s since january. ive complained to tech support(1504) but it dosent help. i also contacted the area manager, nehru place, mr. Anil Kumar Gupta, and he said he cant give speeds more than that. i told him i was getting speeds of 31kb/s for the last 2 years and suddenly what happened.. he says pata nahi.. pls contact GM and DGM broadband, mtnl. i told him that as per TRAI you cant call it broadband if speeds are below 256kbps(32kb/s), also told him that why should i pay for low speeds.. reply was again 'pata nahi..', i called 1504 and asked for GM or DGM broadband here in Delhi.. again the reply was.. 'pata nahi...'.. dont know how do i contact them.. my triband connection is 256 unlimited. anyone else facing speed problems pls take it to the respective area managers and can anyone give me the contact of the gm or dgm broadband, delhi.

Call mr shubhendu for this. Pm apporv khatreja or me for his number. Rest every1 is useless in MTNL 😀

Shubhendu no longer entertains speed upgrade requests. The first thing he asks you when you call him is - "Aapko ye number kisne diya? Main koi speed - weed nahi badha sakta. 1504 pe phone kijiye" and he hangs up after this.

^ that had to happen..Just tell him BB forum ne 😛 specifically one Mr. Khatreja@decoy they have changed the policy for all unltd users the sync rate is 256 Kbps now instead of 288 Kbps ..therefore u'll get around 22~25 KBps..But there are some guyz on unltd who have been upgraded back to 288 kbps ..why ..only MTNL knows..

I suggest you send an e-mail to the GM, Broadband Delhi at gmbb@bol.net.in. He'll most probably solve your problem.

even i have the same problem email doesnot work .. at least did not work for me so farthe broadband grievance no. ie 23322622 from the tel bill ..no one picks the phone or is busy..also i should have been on 2 mbps according to the 199 plan but getting 200 kbps..ie dowload of 23-26well i am not sure if i should pay the installation bill of 2300 they have sent me..only good thing with mtnl is that it always work whatever the speed in comparison to cable networks..airtel is better but again no service in my area..as far as marans comment" match up or bear it" well others can easily match up in this case by providing less then what was promised..MTNL is cheating people just like every other isp think so..now they have free broadband installation in delhi just to trap others..if you cannot provide service why advertise...AS far as custome care is concerned ie 1504 thay are being paid for nothing just pick up the phone and they say crap..on of them said my processor speed as one of the reasons for slow speed although i use core 2 duo 2.6 ..they always have some crap excuse and think everyone will digest it and for they are a government organization they are lesser chances of facing the court and possibly getting a result against them..

QUOTE(torrentguru @ Apr 4 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]86148[/snapback]
on of them said my processor speed as one of the reasons for slow speed although i use core 2 duo 2.6[/b]
ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol: now that is hilarious! :lol:
man that just shows how qualified our mtnl babus are! (still cant stop laughing) :lol:

^that's true...even sify guys used to say that whenever u complain them about the speed...

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Apr 4 2007, 03:02 PM) [snapback]86121[/snapback]
But there are some guyz on unltd who have been upgraded back to 288 kbps ..why ..only MTNL knows..[/b]

even being at 288 kbps, i dont' get more than 26 kBps...also, i don't think there's any policy change...they were just trying to bring down the unlimited users from the 2 mbps thing and they changed it to 256 by mistake...then upgraded them back to 288

i got one similar prob ......i contacted and mailed to the higest authority in mumbai and thane through their contact given on their site .......and late but the hammer strike ...and my problem was resolved ....so try their contact no and email given on their sites ...if u are getting only 32kbps then u are laible for compensation accoring to TRAI rule ....tell them when u contact them ......and why are u crying do something u r self if u fail ...then contact TRAI in their site complained about them .......be it late but hammer will strike

alex

so here it is... i spoke to mr.shubhendu.. asked where from i got the number.. i said gm,, he says mai kuch nahi kar sakta.. call 1504, i wrote to the GM and spoke with the dgm.. dgm says im not going to give more than 25kb/s at any cost its good enough for you.. blah blah.. finally i wrote to trai.. but am doubtful if trai is going to do anything...so what next?

as far as trai complains..think all isp should be reported even airtel provides lesser than promised,,256k shoild give download of 32 and thats what is broadband according to trai definition

QUOTE(boygr8 @ Apr 5 2007, 11:24 AM) [snapback]86272[/snapback]
Apoorv, were u able to get 288 kbps back?[/b]

Nope, Shubhendu seems to recognise my number now. He doesn't pick it up anymore. I haven't tried mailing the GM. I think I'm now sorta satisfied with whatever I'm getting. I've lost all hope that anything will change. I still support any kinda movement to get better speeds 🙂 .

QUOTE(Apoorv Khatreja @ Apr 5 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]86311[/snapback]
Nope, Shubhendu seems to recognise my number now.[/b]

:lol: Call him for the dinner. Be friends.

yeah...let's message him...he can't ignore them 😉 and include him in our gang 😀