speeds below 256 kbps.. 'pata nahi'

• Thread starter Thread starter santu_29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 5,753
try to send after easter holiday on tuesday and are u sure that u r getting 32kbps as connection speed have u done any speed test , can u show us the result , and which exchange area do u live in .....

alex

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Apr 8 2007, 12:36 AM) [snapback]86662[/snapback]
[/b]

or was it our ol friend... George Bush ???

who cares ? ..... :lol:

Anyways guys bak to the topic..... wat was the topic ???

achha...... Less speeds.....

I think if u gettin 26 kBps download speed then it shud be perfect.. as in Mumbai every1 gets max 26 kBps on 256k connection. U cant get 32kBps as theres always data loss in ADSL.
Which is why some ppl in Delhi are syncd to 288k speeds at exchange itself.

TRAI usin some good dowload accelerator software like Internet Download Accelerator, FlashGet. Also U wont get max speeds on torents.

Finally none helps.. then dude go to ur telefone xchange and get ur speed problem sorted.

@ above...actually u being newbie... try avoidin foul language..mods dont like it. atleast censor it... B)

sushubh is quite active here in this forum...dunno bout others...y u askin dis ?? lol 😛u plannin sumthin big ?? hahahaha

Nah, just used to unmoderated forums for a long, long time now. Anyways, looking forward to helping out some here. ^^

:yahoo: well as far as i concerned , my speed used to be 25~27 kbps ( in all P2P , torrents etc ), i used drag calls to this Mtnl Babu's , one fine day i saw changed speed ..of 1.6 Mbps i am not sure is it sheer luck ! or some temp fault but i am using it as far as possible ...pray for me guys ! when u call 2 increase the change of speed be nice to Operator lolz !

I have been using MTNL Triband 2.0+ Broadband service for the past two years. It is still the best service around in Mumbai, yet one feels a certain frustration because the staff there are so unresponsive and lacking in knowledge. I have been sending emails and making complaints (tel: 1504), to zero results. I have sent the following ....
---------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 20th Apr. 2007
To: Gen. Mgr, MTNL; feedback MTNL; West1 MTNL; Andheri MTNL
Subject: deficiency in service.

Greetings.
My Acct. No: 000???67; Current Plan: DSL_399; Creation: 20-Apr-2005; Phone: 2623 ????; C.A. No: ?????39.

It is my wish that this email be forwarded to the officer and desk that manages customer complaints.

1. There has been a substantial increase in bandwidth which is a good thing. However, this is not usable 'on a continous basis' due to dropping of internet connection in an episodic manner. Also the permitted download volume of 700 MB for a 256 kbps connection is rather low. In these times of picture albums and audio-video clips, it may be worthwhile to increase the scheme-permitted download to 1 GB.
2. Since I have Triband as well as IPTV, my router-modem was changed to a multi-port model: UT-304R2, for which a 'dial-up' setup was made. I am therefore using the 'dial-up' to access your Triband internet service. The 'internet settings' under 'connections' shows 'LAN settings' as 'automatically detect settings'. Now it so happens that I am unable to instantly logon to the internet,no fixed IP address has been assigned. Sometimes it takes five minutes or more to logon to the internet. This is a serious problem in the mornings, between 10 AM and 1 PM.
3. Though your new router is multi-port and both TV and internet work at same time, my second desktop computer cannot logon to the internet when my first desktop is also loged on . The manual says, more than one computer can be connected to the internet at same time, but this does not happen, this is an irritation.
4. I notice that some other clients are often found on my network and I am afraid of intrusion or loss of privacy on my network. Sometimes as many as five other computer names / clients can be found in the late evenings. Kindly see the appended doc format page. This clearly shows the number of other clients who are logged on to my network. Would this not compromise my security. Is this normal? Please respond.
5. The email box is rather small for today's bandwidths and common use of email with pictures. There is a large influx of spam and this clutters the in-box. Clients wish to keep useful email in the in-box. A larger email in-box will solve this problem. Most competitors provide large in-boxes where in clients are encouraged to store their useful emails and search in them for data. Lack of adequate email box means clients will go elsewhere to meet their email needs and the fine service of MTNL will suffer. Kindly plan for 1 GB email boxes.
6. The 'address book' in the email service does not allow import of email ids. Similarly it does not allow export of email ids. Since clients are already having 'comma seperated values' that is csr format files for email ids, it would be worthwhile to design the email service to allow import and export of 'address books'.
7. Currently, email can be sent simultaneously to 25 emails. Since most 'groups' have more 'addresees' it may be worth while to increase this to 50 simultaneous addresees. This will not increase spam since such spammers use specialized software to email to hundreds of clients at one time simultaneously.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am wondering is anyone is informed on what can be done about my fist four issues above. Any implementable solutions guys? Does anyone have info on the remaining three issues listed above?