Want a new BSNL UL900 (speeds upto 2mbps as per bsnl guys!)

• Thread starter Thread starter aakash_007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 8,845

aakash_007

ISP
Airtel UL900
i m currently on a Airtel 256kbps unlimited plan . i just called the bsnl guys for the unlimited plan and they say i will get speeds from 256kbps to 2mbps for Rs 999.The fact the person may be wrong i called them many times and the answer was same from different guys. I am in Indore and the no. i called - 2536666.So should i ditch my airtel for the new bsnl ?

Hi first check with them properly.Since ul 900 is around 900 rs and its speed is limited to only 256 and not 2mbps as specified by them.🙂

dont jump at it.. let it be announced officially.. which.. i think.. will never happen.. 😉

dont jump at it.. let it be announced officially.. which.. i think.. will never happen.. wink.gif[/b]
when you hear things like that , you just can't stop jumping of your sits... and we never ever imagined that there will be a sudden server upgrade from BSNL and enable us to get speeds in mbps... so fast.
but yet i m not conviced from getting that plan due to bad customer support and reputation of BSNL, will wait and see for airtels new plans.

Surprisingly, today at 10:30 pm I saw one announcement on StarNews that says 'BSNL upgrades all broadband base speed to 2 Mbps'. However I couldn't find any such announcement in the BSNL's site.

i've seen that ad a lot too.. its been comin for a long time now.. the logic for not making the speeds faster is this.. if the home 900 becomes 2mbps ul, nobody in their right minds would opt for the home 1000, 3000 etc.. thought... making the home 900 maybe 512, seems reasonable... but.. i hope bsnl sees it the same way..

Hello there, 'Indore'!

I am quite satisfied with BSNL 900 ul plus. The icon on the taskbar shows '10 Mbps'. Occasionally, it slows down, but overall, the speed is good. I don't know about AirTel or other cos.

Go for BSNL DataOne by all means though, ask a few others who may have taken it about what they feel. It may so happen that BSNL delivers different levels of efficiency in different places, even within the same city!

joyarjun1, Kolkata 🙂

^ u think u have 10 Mbps ? :blink: 😱 U dont even have a a proper LAN connection that shld be 100 Mbps if directly connectd to router

if u're connected with USB and using bridge mode, then it does show that 10 mbps thing...he might be talking about that 😛

QUOTE(puja399 @ Apr 4 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]86205[/snapback]
Surprisingly, today at 10:30 pm I saw one announcement on StarNews that says 'BSNL upgrades all broadband base speed to 2 Mbps'. However I couldn't find any such announcement in the BSNL's site.[/b]
That announcement was made in January when they upgraded all plans to 2Mbps except UL plans. It is the same thing.

just to let you know the bsnl site is not updated very fast..... it will take some time for new plans to show up on site....

Cool Buddy: "if u're connected with USB and using bridge mode, then it does show that 10 mbps thing...he might be talking about that "[/b]

Thank you for that enlightening statement. Previously, my home pc was on LAN, and showed 100 Mbps. My office pc still does (which must mean it's on LAN, am I right?). But I changed my home pc to USB, and it shows 10 Mbps. I thought this was strange since this was apparently a drastic reduction. Anyway, since the speed remained about the same, I left it as an unslived question.
Thank you again for letting us know that USB and 'bridge connection' make the difference. Could you please elaborate a bit on the differences?

joyarjun1