• Thread starter Thread starter vissu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,209

vissu

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber 3MBPS
Yesterday, i have installed windows vista on my computer as a second operating system(dual boot). there is windows xp in c: drive. after installing vista, it ran smoothly and no problems raised. but i got messed up with windows xp. it seems to be alright but, sound was not coming in windows xp(but sound comes in vista). i have uninstalled vista and installed windows xp again. till the sound was not coming in windows xp(there is no conflict with drivers). please give me a solution to this problem 🙁

It would better if u could please post the System Config and other hardware details 😀

to come back to the original question, even i faced the similar problem with Vista and XP together...the solution i found was to shutdown and then start the computer...read "shutdown"...not "restart"...just shutdown from either and start and log into the other one and sound should come just fine...i don't know what exactly the problem, but that's the solution what i found...so enjoy!! 😀

same thing happened to me when i installed vista ultimate.. i reinstalled the drivers a few times and restarted .. sound restored in xp