Sound card problem

vissu

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 10, 2007
Hyderabad
Yesterday, i have installed windows vista on my computer as a second operating system(dual boot). there is windows xp in c: drive. after installing vista, it ran smoothly and no problems raised. but i got messed up with windows xp. it seems to be alright but, sound was not coming in windows xp(but sound comes in vista). i have uninstalled vista and installed windows xp again. till the sound was not coming in windows xp(there is no conflict with drivers). please give me a solution to this problem :(

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
Regulars
Nov 7, 2006
Delhi
I don't know of a solution, but I know that you have posted this in the wrong section. Should have been in 'Troubleshooting'.

seshu

Listener
Regulars
Mar 31, 2006
^ JFI --> problem was posted almost 2 months ago
and trouble shooting section is made very recently !

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
to come back to the original question, even i faced the similar problem with Vista and XP together...the solution i found was to shutdown and then start the computer...read "shutdown"...not "restart"...just shutdown from either and start and log into the other one and sound should come just fine...i don't know what exactly the problem, but that's the solution what i found...so enjoy!! :D

banda

~
Regulars
Nov 3, 2006
same thing happened to me when i installed vista ultimate.. i reinstalled the drivers a few times and restarted .. sound restored in xp