• Thread starter Thread starter coolbuddy_79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,828
hmm..the human ear cant discern frequency higher than 20 Khz wonder how the cell phone wld be able to damage the ear with high freq?? perhaps the pranksters meant a high decible sound..but i cant figure out how a cell phone speaker can produce sounds loud enuff to cause damage to hearing..loud sounds around 100-120 dB are needed to cause damage to ear drum..infact, 120 decibels is the sound u experience when u stand next to a jet taking off, a cellphone can never reproduce that kind of a sound..In short a stupid idiotic prank...

lolz this crap was there on tv too a few days ago. some stupid crime program.............

Guys, we live in country where rumours spread like wildfires. See the example of Ganesh drinking milk or water turning sweet. See example of this case itselfAs somebody said before as well, Human ears can hear frequencies b/w 20 HZ and 20 KHz only. And a cell phone speaker cannot produce sounds loud enough to cause any damage. Also , most of us wud have died long ago on any of the previous Diwali days.Cmon guys have some common sense.......if u fear.......u will only help in propagation of the rumour.......try to refute it.In Ganesha's milk drinking rumour......i know many top notch chemistry lecs saying.....its a matter of religion.....dont say a thing.......shame on such people.

QUOTE(pranKster @ Apr 3 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]85969[/snapback]
Education or not .... ppl shud use conman sense and then decide to believe it or not.
But ppl fear things that they cannot explain !! its their decision to believe it or not....... plz, dont judge them...on that basis. Some of them do it for fear of loved ones.... so judging ppl is now wise thing.

-pranKster.[/b]
Sorry... don't buy into this whole "everybody is entitled to an opinion, so leave them alone" stuff .... if everyone is entitled to have an opinion, then I am also entitled to have an opinion that they are morons. If people are entitled to talk out of their *sses, then I am entitled to call bullsh*t on it.

so no one got a call and no one knows what exactly it is...cool...enjoy!!! 😀

the Mod got the call it.......woh dar gaya....and " Jo darr gaya samjho marr gaya"

jhoot bolte hain woh jo bolte hain mujhe darr nahi lagta

new mountain dew ad 😀

the call was actually from hsbc call center for a credit card. my friend had given them the number as i wanted an additional credit card. 😀

Rumourmongers make his life hell
Tribune News Service

Ludhiana, April 3
When Ankur Gupta, a local resident, paid an extra sum to a telecom company for a special number, little had he realised that his passion for that number would actually become a pain in the neck.

Just a month after Ankur succeeded in getting the special number (9888888880), it has not stopped ringing, thanks to a rumour doing rounds that receiving a call from this number could kill the listener.

Ankur does not know how the word spread about his number around 10 days ago that he was flooded with calls. Things have come to such a pass that he receives around 400 to 500 calls everyday.

The phone rings for 22 hours in a day. The only two hours it does not ring is between 12 am and 2 am, the time the people have been warned against by the rumour mongers.

“People threaten me, shout at me and even call me a killer. They ask me what would I get after killing so many people with a virus spread through my phone. They do not want to listen to my defense. I feel like committing suicide. I do not know how it all started. People are going crazy sending sms warnings that taking a call from my number could kill them,” says Gupta.

Upset at the calls, Gupta complained to the telecom company to do something about his problem but to no avail.

The calls continued. He then approached the police and gave a complaint in writing. The police registered a DDR and told him that they could not do anything about his problem.

‘‘We have made an entry in the DDR register that Gupta had made a complaint in this regard. We cannot do anything about the rumour mongers,” says the station house officer, Gursewak Singh, adding that he should ask the telecom company to come to his rescue. ‘‘But the telecom company is also at its wits end to find a solution to this problem. They are also helpless,” says Gupta, adding he did not want to surrender his number as he had paid extra amount for getting the number of his choice.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070404/ldh1.htm#6

why the hell doesnt he get the no. disconnected?? I know it would cause some inconvenience if he has passed on the no. to a no of ppl but still it would be less than wat he has to bear right now..

he paid a lot of money for the special number 😉

reminds me of woz and his special number...

A man of many eclectic interests, Wozniak claims to be an authority on laser pointers (he says he owns all the colors of the rainbow), and he collects unique phone numbers. He said he had tried for months to obtain a phone number in which all seven digits were the same. When he finally did (888-8888), it proved unusable because it received numerous hang-ups, gurgling, and "dead air" calls. He finally discovered the calls came from babies who had picked up the handset and repeatedly pushed the number at the bottom of the keypad.[/b]