• Thread starter Thread starter qazranchi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,808

qazranchi

Regular
ISP
BSNL BB
With the conditional access system (CAS), just about settling down three months after its implementation, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India along with the ministry of information & broadcasting (I&B), are in the process of considering the extension of CAS in other cities as well as the three metro’s (Mumbai, Delhi & Kolkata), in the rest of the areas.

The second phase of CAS, should be completed by the year end, and other cities that have been included are Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bhopal and Orrisa.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/CAS_in...how/1842307.cms

i just hope they forget gurgaon for the time being.

I think it will be implemented in NCR not just plain delhi so gurgaon and noida faridabad included 😉

after cas. you are not likely to get the option of choosing just 12 channels. you just lose your television's advance features and have to rely on the remote provided by the cable guy.

I watch tv on my pc and the tv tuner card I use has no features. All my advanced features come from the STB provided by Hathway. Hathway has a pretty good STB. No problems since the time i bought it. I only hope i can pay for what i like to see and not what they provide

but do they have the basic PIP thing???it's pretty useful for scanning channels... -_-

CAS would be a good deal for people with real old television sets. i have a perfectly fine television set lying here which has just 30 channels.

Yes disher, they are planning to implement CAS in Kerala by 2198 - August. 🙂Just kidding... Kerala will be the last place to have CAS in India. There will be thousand excuses by politicians, immense number of protests by cable operators before they implement mandatory CAS here.

I read a news, that said CAS (Conditional Access System) will come in Kerala on 2008. So all cable viewers should buy a STB for watching pay channels. The news was published by Cable operators Association.

Also Asianet Digital TV website shown the details of CAS.

::ASIANET DIGITAL TV::