CAS in more cities

qazranchi

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Jun 9, 2006
With the conditional access system (CAS), just about settling down three months after its implementation, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India along with the ministry of information & broadcasting (I&B), are in the process of considering the extension of CAS in other cities as well as the three metro’s (Mumbai, Delhi & Kolkata), in the rest of the areas.

The second phase of CAS, should be completed by the year end, and other cities that have been included are Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bhopal and Orrisa.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/CAS_in...how/1842307.cms

GSV13

Special Member
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
I think it will be implemented in NCR not just plain delhi so gurgaon and noida faridabad included ;)

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 23, 2006
I would like CAS to be implemented in Bangalore. I am paying 300 bucks and i only watch like 10 - 12 channels.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
after cas. you are not likely to get the option of choosing just 12 channels. you just lose your television's advance features and have to rely on the remote provided by the cable guy.

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 23, 2006
I watch tv on my pc and the tv tuner card I use has no features. All my advanced features come from the STB provided by Hathway. Hathway has a pretty good STB. No problems since the time i bought it. I only hope i can pay for what i like to see and not what they provide

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
but do they have the basic PIP thing???it's pretty useful for scanning channels... -_-

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
CAS would be a good deal for people with real old television sets. i have a perfectly fine television set lying here which has just 30 channels.