Airtel Modem & WiFi

• Thread starter Thread starter ckhurana
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 19,531

ckhurana

Hi All,I am having an urgent query...here it goes...I have an Airtel Broadband 699/- connection on Beetel 220Bx modem + X-Micro WLAN 11g (with wireless Access Point i.e.) I have connected the entire system and the net is running fine on my desktop as well as on the wifi of the lappy...The thing is that earlier i used to login the internet via a PPoe dialer on windows XP (which i had created).Now since the router is doing the logging in , the net is connected even if i don't need it (which I think is NOT a good idea!) ... and if i disconnet it from the desktop, the laptop's internet gets disconnected too..I would like to avoid giving in my PPPoE Login settings in the router, rather have a dialer on both the desktop and the laptop...but I have doubts about simultaneous connections to the internet then...Can this be done?

accordin to my knowledge, u need to go for wireless router, which r available for Rs. 2000/- only...

I don't think simultaneous logins are possible from Laptop and PC.You can enable "disconnect after x minutes" setting on router. That will make router disconnect net if connection is idle for more then x minutes.

QUOTE(ashishgoel @ Apr 1 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]85736[/snapback]
accordin to my knowledge, u need to go for wireless router, which r available for Rs. 2000/- only...[/b]

Actually I am using a wireless router...

if u're using UL plan, wheres the problem in staying connected all the time !? i have a similar setup at home with 3PCs and one Notebook connected to a D-Link router...and the router has not powered off for months now.

^ agree with that.... what's the point disconnecting if you have an unlimited connection? If security is your fear, then perhaps you need to read up on firewalls and antivirus programs (there are several programs available even for free on the internet).However, if you are especially paranoid (say your work is very sensitive), then you can go to Start | Control Panel | Network Connections and make a shortcut to your Local Area Connection on the desktop. Then when you are done working on the internet, just right click on the Local Area Connection icon in the system tray and click Disable. When you want to start it again you can just double click on the shortcut you created above.Disconnecting/Connecting using this method will not affect the connection on the other computer.

lol :rofl😱n all of you above, simultaneous connection on multiple pcs is possible via PPPoE connection! Who gave you ppl entry into this forum!!!:rofl:

This means ckhurana wants to revert back to Bridge mode! So just reset your router buddy!!!

ummm... who the hell said that you can't??besides where the hell do you get off calling yourself "Moder*tor" - Who "gave you" entry to this forum?

boy. do i need to become a bad boy once again? kicking people for being rude on the forum?come on guys self moderation. stay cool here.

ummm... who the hell said that you can't??

what do u mean by saying that?

and who made you a SENIOR

A senior who doesn't knows that in PPPoE mode, you don't have to dial the connection, the router automatically dials the connection! :rofl:

ok enough. one more post like that and you would no longer be welcome around here.

In that case let me just say that I think Spawn Freak seems to have misread / misunderstood something. No one was saying that you can only connect to pppoe by dialling in. Which is why your comment was taken rudely.

I haven't misunderstood, let me explainBridge mode - Not more than 1 computer can connectPPPoE mode - Multiple computers can connectso if he reverts back to Bridge mode, he won't be able to connect on his PC or Laptop! He will be able to connect only on one computer at a time!

ok, to cut it short and come to the actual problem, what u can do Mr. Khurana is that set your router in the PPPoE/A mode and change your default password...you don't really need to worry about the settings being stored in the router...even if it's not impossible, it's not that easy to get the passwords from your router either...and if you don't have a static IP, then you needn't bother much in any way 😀PS: it's actually bridge mode and not PPPoE dialer...all the furor was because of that 😛

😀 hi all,well its my first visit to the forum, so i hope to njoy exchanging ideas wit all and also learn a lot through all you experts out there...thanx 🙂