How to Restart BSNL FTTH Nokia Siemens H640V-25E ONT Modem

• Thread starter Thread starter daumaster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 9,967
ISP
BSNL
I have recently got BSNL's FTTH Service installed in my flat, with BB Home Combo ULD 999 Plan. The ONT modem is a Nokia Siemens H640V-25E ONT Modem with a Nokia Siemens UPS.

Yesterday, as I crossed the 8 GB download limit, I was prompted by the website to opt for 1) upgrading to browse at high speed OF 4 Mbps for an additional sum/GB or 2) declining to browse at slow speed of 512 kbps.

I opted for Option 1 & chose my package to browse at the higher speed of 4 Mbps. However, the webpage advised me to restart the modem for the change to be effected.

The question now is, how do I restart the modem, as it does not have a power button.

I tried to pull out the DC power inlet line of the modem coming from the UPS, but its locking pin was stuck fast. The UPS also does not have a power button. Only way to power off the UPS is to open it up & take out one on the terminals of the battery inside.

In the end, I switched off the wall socket powering the UPS, waited long for the UPS battery to drain, so that the modem shut down. Then, I again switched on the wall socket to power on the UPS & the modem.

Is there an easier way to restart this ONT modem ?

You should be able to login into the modem & restart it from there. You will need to ask BSNL for the ONT modem username & password. Or you can try searching for it online.
Yan can try admin/admin or admin/password first.

I have recently got BSNL's FTTH Service installed in my flat, with BB Home Combo ULD 999 Plan. The ONT modem is a Nokia Siemens H640V-25E ONT Modem with a Nokia Siemens UPS.

Yesterday, as I crossed the 8 GB download limit, I was prompted by the website to opt for 1) upgrading to browse at high speed OF 4 Mbps for an additional sum/GB or 2) declining to browse at slow speed of 512 kbps.

I opted for Option 1 & chose my package to browse at the higher speed of 4 Mbps. However, the webpage advised me to restart the modem for the change to be effected.

The question now is, how do I restart the modem, as it does not have a power button.

I tried to pull out the DC power inlet line of the modem coming from the UPS, but its locking pin was stuck fast. The UPS also does not have a power button. Only way to power off the UPS is to open it up & take out one on the terminals of the battery inside.

In the end, I switched off the wall socket powering the UPS, waited long for the UPS battery to drain, so that the modem shut down. Then, I again switched on the wall socket to power on the UPS & the modem.

Is there an easier way to restart this ONT modem ?

Go to default gateway .251 now admin = root pwd = admin. Then go to " maintain " then reboot system . Yes reboot. you are done

A friend recently got this model from BSNL, I found it to be bare bone and does not even have settings for dyndns. This cannot be even used in bridge mode (pppoe). Does anyone has tried replacing it with something else which works ?

I would like to know if i can use telnet to login to the ftth modem? I have tried 192.168.1.251 but it does not login. Help urgently reqd. Thanks in advance.