Can I Connect To "500" Account On Line Having 900ul Dataone Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter pranKster
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,657
ISP
Tata Indicom quick Power 360 + 9 to 9 for 299 @ 2 MBPS !
Hi Guys,Me and my friend have decided to share dataone account among ourselves.He has 500 plan and I am on 900UL plan.When ever I try to login using his account, I get invalid username / password on this domain..........................can any one help me ??-pranKster.

umm portbinding?

port binding ..... is killing me..... 😱 Guys, I wish I can do something...... here.. Is it possible that we have a workaround... for this problem ?-pranKster.

Absolutely no solution for it..its done form DSLAM to BRAS..u have no control over it..Problem is these guyz have bought the latest equipment coz they have launched broadband so late (2005) and the newer the equipment..the better the security features..

Each connection in Dataone is dedicated and is binded with the telephone number.So I think its impossible to share ur plans.

I was searching for a solution, on net.... I came across a blog, where some people were discussing simillar issues, and they confirmed that they were sharing the accounts. swapping was possible. but they all were from banglore, may be there bsnl uses different manner too setup dataone. Also, they said that it is possible for 250 startup plan as most of them were on this plan and were sharing couple of 500 plans & 900UL plans. - May be they were bluffing.... I cant seem to use my friend's account 🙁 ............ or then may be just 900UL accounts are restricted.. so many questions... and no solutions.,....-pranKster.

if the other guy is not online and if his modem is switched off.. i guess it would work..

yes..it works in bangalore.....but only limited accounts can be shared...UL accounts are binded with the phone no. 🙁

The friend of mine whose 500 plan i was supposed to share ....... had is whole comp off. modem off and every thing off...... I guess it should have worked...but no.... it did'nt.Also I believe, they would have binded port of UL accounts....wid the ph no. thats most suitable reason for this madness.-pranKster.Hey Guys, Good news .... I am writing this by connecting with my friends ID !!!!! so port is not BINDED !!!! -pranKster.