BSNL Prepaid ownership transfer !

ISP
JIO,BSNL
Hello guys, my father has a bsnl sim which was gifted by someone back in the era when one has to wait for more than 6-7 months after filling form to get SIM.
My father wants to change its ownership to his name, we don't know who is actual owner at present. So can anyone guide me how can ownership be changed ?

I don't think it is possible without the written consent of the owner. Then too, it is going to be a pain, considering its bsnl 😀

You might want to ask around at private operators stores for mobile number portability. I remember porting my dad's reliance number to vodafone and the store did not ask any details from the original owner (my brother) of that number. I took all the documents but the store guy said that nothing was needed. It was confusing really.

You might want to ask around at private operators stores for mobile number portability. I remember porting my dad's reliance number to vodafone and the store did not ask any details from the original owner (my brother) of that number. I took all the documents but the store guy said that nothing was needed. It was confusing really.
@chromaniac Thanxx will talk to the private operators regarding that

basically find a local friendly store and check with the guy if he can get it done. i am sure that some documents can be misplaced and things can be processed without much hassle 😛

Few weeks back I went to Vodafone store to enquire if I can convert my father's Vodafone prepaid sim to postpaid on my name with corporate plan. They said it can be done easily, and only my documents was needed. I asked twice that any confirmation from my father was not needed, they confirmed that it was not needed. I am still confused how they can simply transfer somebody else number to some other person without consent of original owner. By this way can number from any owner be transferred?

as i mentioned above. i managed to transfer ownership of my dad's number from my brother's name to mine without anything from him. could be a vodafone only feature 😀

MNP doesn't require consent of owner at least for prepaid.

Vodafone doing the same on regular accounts is a bit shady. Time to steal a couple of numbers 😀