Hard Disk Doubt

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
I have 2 hard disks. ( Why does this sound funny? ). Anyways one is a ATA and the other a SATA. I got an external casing for one of them (ATA) from some cheap shit company called Enter. The external case was recognised as a usb storage device but windows couldnt load the drivers for it. I have to carry these 2 HDs with me coz I am going out of city. My question is - is it safe to carry the HDs as they are without any external casing ?

umm. i have three hard disks 🙁

QUOTE(dips0502 @ Mar 29 2007, 01:16 AM) [snapback]85245[/snapback]
My question is - is it safe to carry the HDs as they are without any external casing ?[/b]

i don't see a major problem in that...just keep it safe from dust, direct sunlight, and shock/jerks...so just covering it with a polythene bag and keeping it in ur briefcase should be enough...

Best would be the polythene bag the HDs came with, as this does not allow static electricity to build up, barring that maybe a plastic case, some of my drives came with that, they fit exactly around the drive and drive does not move around in it.But just any loose plastic bag that can rub up & down is little risky. The simple reason is static electricty can be dangerous to the components in the HD or in general any electronic device.

I guess you are referring to what is known as the static shielding bags. I couldnt find any plastic cases from the shops. But i got these bags from them. I think i will use them. Thanks guys

dont carry them ........ its risky ..........