• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 9,497
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
reliance
Hello Friends,
got a reliance connection a couple of days ago and I am facing wifi connectivity issues from day one. My plan is 2 mbps unlimited. The modem installed it the small square Netis dl4201. I have Netgear WGR614 wifi router which I want to use for distributing the internet over wifi. I inserted the lan cable from modem into the WAN port of Netgear. I changed Netgears's ip to 192.168.2.1, I selected DHCP 'Use Computer MAC address' option. My connection run fine for a while but then it starts to drop. On the ping command terminal 'Request Time Out' starts to come.
The connection runs almost fine (with an occasional RTO) over wire directly with the modem. The ping command is pinging 115.252.32.1 (this is the address which was used by the reliance guys, so I just used the same, assuming this is the reliance dns server, although I might be wrong).
Another thing is that I am not able to open the netis modem admin page at any of the addresses: 192.168.1.1 or 0.1 or 2.0 (even when I am connect directly to it over wire)

Update:
The issue still persists. I tried to reset the Netgear wifi router to factory settings and then run the auto configuration wizard again. I changed the router's own ip to 192.168.2.1 and the range it distributes to 192.168.2.2 - 50. The wifi runs good for may be a day, and then randomly start to cut off. The ping command to reliance server 115.252.32.1 starts to time put. If at that time I plug my laptop directly to the modem the ping command works fine and the connection runs well. Half my mind says that maybe my netgear wifi router is faulty since the connection runs fine at times and breaks other times. Sometimes when I switch of the netgear for a minute or so and switch it back on, the connection starts to run fine again.

I am having this same issue. I am located in Delhi, their DNS servers is pathetic, their login page doesnt open up at all.
Frequent drops , have been giving me a hard time searching everywhere for a hint.
HELP

I have not been able to access the login page myself. I do remember once I was able to log in. But Reliance appears to block access to it.
Yes, the login page does not load a lot of times. For this, try using a Python script. There are tons. I use this:
Fast Auto Login Script for Reliance Broadband • Reliance Broadband

As for dns... You can switch to OpenDNS or Google Public DNS. But you might need to add an entry for the login page IP to your host file. Because it might not work on third party DNS servers.

I have not been able to access the login page myself. I do remember once I was able to log in. But Reliance appears to block access to it.
Yes, the login page does not load a lot of times. For this, try using a Python script. There are tons. I use this:
Fast Auto Login Script for Reliance Broadband • Reliance Broadband

As for dns... You can switch to OpenDNS or Google Public DNS. But you might need to add an entry for the login page IP to your host file. Because it might not work on third party DNS servers.

I have been using this script since a while now. also I have similar thing app running on my Android Phone - just in case i dont want to Open my PC.
My actual problem is -- the login page, loading . Sometime it looks like it has a freaking mind of its own. it wants to open when it likes it -- I have tried disabling the firewall , using public DNS ( which gives me more problem than I bargained for - so i switch back to dynamic/ looking up on its own), etc , etc and what not .....

I am using Netgear j1010 router + reliance own Netis modem, On netgear's setting there is an option to test the internet. the funny part is if i click on it; maybe its my wishful thinking; the login page seems to load up!!? So, maybe , Maybe -- The DNS server is the culprit , its somehow responding to the pings from my router . (So if i can get a static reliance own DNS server address i can try if ... i dont know what i am even talking -- ha ha)

Anywho - do let me know if anyone has a miracle idea - of how to make the login page load faster.
Also, their own reliance provided ADSL Netis modem sucks big time - i tried opening its settings, but it just dont! Any idea here? sometime i think the modem is the culprit .

lastly - please help me in detail how to set up the host file with login ip for using third party DNS

Thanks, Much !

Last edited:
I added this line to my HOST file...

220.224.142.229 reliancebroadband.co.in

Not sure if it helped with non-Reliance DNS servers.

How can I run this script on my Android phone? 😛

I am using this app "WIFI web Login" -- This is paid but give you 3 days trial , its absolutely worth it, i paid it to support the developer. cost around a 100 bucks.
it records your actions, and keeps rechecking the internet and runs the script whenever the internet get disconnected. I have tried most of the "captive login" apps available there and this is the most reliable.

I added this line to my HOST file...

220.224.142.229 reliancebroadband.co.in

Not sure if it helped with non-Reliance DNS servers.

-- ok, so here is the deal -- i have not added/modified my host file yet , maybe thats why after after a while usage (if i am using open DNS) , internet stops working, and wont load up and when opening the router settings it ask for a proper DNS.
So will, modifying the host with that line - solve this problem , and how it works??
Also, the reliance peeps , have they installed Netis modem for you too? If yes, how to open its settings?

I have a ZTE modem from Reliance. Someone on the forum had told me to insist on ZTE over other brands they offer.

Assigning a static IP to the PC and then trying to access the modem doesn't work?

Apparently it doesnt , I have assigned my router IP as 192.168.2.1 DHCP selected. The Netis modem's IP should be 192.168.1.1 technically -- But to no avail, it just dont open!
and obviously the thread creator himself doesn't seem to make this work either.

I have a ZTE modem from Reliance. Someone on the forum had told me to insist on ZTE over other brands they offer.

Lucky you man, Any idea if we get an ADsL modem+Router from the market -- can we set this all up ourself to our liking?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.