BSNL DataOne Broadband: Does Uploading Hamper Download Speed ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sahyadri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 7,125

Sahyadri

Regulars
ISP
BSNL - BBG Combo ULD 1199
does uploading a file hamper the downloading speed ?or these two speeds are totally different from each otherplease explain

Theorotically it shouldnt. But practically, Yes.
Every packet sent or received is accompanied by an acknowledgement by the receiver. Now if you are downloading something, ack have to be sent for these as well. At the same time if you are uploading heavily, its most likely that these "ack"s will be choked at your computers output terminal and there maybe a delay in these being sent. This will inturn affect the download. All this wont happen if there is some sort of priority based transmission. There is a software called "Cfos Speed" (www.cfos.de) which addresses these issues. But no promises from my side as to how well this software works.

when i was on sify... upload and download speed were totally connected to each other.

i have used cfos speed, hoping to increase my internet speed. But due to BSNLs variable speed 256-2000kbps the software only increase the browsing speed. But sadly i dosnt improve the download speed(especially from link-removed) . As for now there it is not much helpful. Once BSNL supplies a constant 2Mbps or something then this software is worth using.

am always uploading at 8 kb/s and downloading at 30 kb/s with my 256 k connection

As pawan says, the way you limit these effects is to limit your upload to 90-95% of your normal upload rate, thereby allowing sufficient bandwidth for those acks to get back to the downloading server.

cfos speed does increase torrent download speed. use IDM to download from link-removed with servers in following desending orderCogent|Cogent #2|Level(3)|Level(3) #2|Level(3) #3|TeliaSonera #2|TeliaSonera|GlobalCrossing etc...

cfos speed does increase torrent download speed. use IDM to download from link-removed with servers in following desending order

Cogent|Cogent #2|Level(3)|Level(3) #2|Level(3) #3|TeliaSonera #2|TeliaSonera|GlobalCrossing etc...

how can u do that?

as in how can i copy the direct download link to IDM, as we have to click on a "button" rather than a "link" to start downloading.

how can u do that?

as in how can i copy the direct download link to IDM, as we have to click on a "button" rather than a "link" to start downloading.

u have to integrate IDM with ur browser. Havnt u seen the options in IDM ?