Voip In Mtnl Networks ?

aiwa_05

[OP]
Mar 19, 2007
can any one tell me that how can i use voip in mtnl networks and what equp i need and what is it actually ??????????

i know that it it used to make calls

anyoe plzzzzzz

anilsaxena

Regulars
Sep 14, 2006
QUOTE(aiwa_05 @ Mar 28 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]85164[/snapback]
thanks freak[/b]

One link given by "netfreak" refers to my post.

I had lot of trouble in starting my voip setup (though the errors which I was making were elementary. Thanks to help from two fellow members of this forum, namely GSV13 (Gavnit Singh) and Dandy (Dhannraj Pratap), I could make it operative). Before I give you some meaningful suggestions, please tell me (1) which country you intend to call (that would decide which voip provider you should select) (2) Are you prepared to use a headphone and mic connected to your PC for making calls (here you have a option, you can make calls from your normal telephone instrument without involving your PC, but that would mean buying an additional piece of hardware called ATA (analogue telephone adaptor), which costs about Rs.3000/- in Delhi market).

Once you give your clear requirement, I will furnish furthere relevant information.

Anil

aiwa_05

[OP]
Mar 19, 2007
thanks anil ,

i want to call persian gulf states and UK if u can help me ....for handset no prob , i just want my voice transferred to reciver ,headset wil be ok ......

about equip what is ATA and PAP2 , what sort of equipment i need

any tips .....mr. saxena

thanks
alex

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
If Headset is okay with you then trying out things is quite easy.

1. Register at http://www.sipnumber.com/
2. Install software provided by site
3. Start calling [ You get free 60 minutes to call in US]

If you find the experience worthwhile, then you can try other operators that give you better rates for UK / Far East.

anilsaxena

Regulars
Sep 14, 2006
QUOTE(netfreak @ Mar 29 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]85272[/snapback]
If Headset is okay with you then trying out things is quite easy.

1. Register at http://www.sipnumber.com/
2. Install software provided by site
3. Start calling [ You get free 60 minutes to call in US]

If you find the experience worthwhile, then you can try other operators that give you better rates for UK / Far East.[/b]
You can also try www.voipcheap.com
If you are OK with headset (with mic) dont bother about ATA, at least for now till you are satisfied with the service.
Anil

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
softphone + bluetooth dongle + bluetooth headset = best VOIP solution and peace of life!!! :D

ferns

Aug 12, 2006
QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Mar 30 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]85354[/snapback]
softphone + bluetooth dongle + bluetooth headset = best VOIP solution and peace of life!!! :D[/b]

Hi coolbuddy_79,

Can u tell me how u config the softphone + bluetooth dongle + bluetooth headset, how does it work & do i need a SIP number for this config ?

Thanks
Derek