• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,418

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
Saw this incidentally when I landed on their page to recharge my account.
mICNYJu.jpg

Landing page:
http://www.videocond2h.com/wsc/4k_landing.aspx

Priced at Rs.6,590 for new subscribers and Rs.5,990 for existing subscribers.

Tata Sky launching as well. But I am not sure what content would they broadcast in 4K UHD. They can broadcast Cricket World Cup, but it would cost too high for customers to subscribe.

Indian Television Dot Com | Videocon d2h rolls out India’s first 4K Ultra HD channel
When queried by Indiantelevision.com as to what the channel feed will contain, Videocon d2h chief executive officer Anil Khera said, “We are planning to showcase Video on Demand (VOD), Lifestyle and travel content, sports, infotainment, concerts and Hollywood movies.”
Khera preferred calling the channel as a 4K content pipe wherein 4K content available from international broadcasters will be telecast. “The pipe is not dedicated to any one channel. It is a pipe that also consumes a lot of bandwidth,” he added.
To begin with, as part of its contract with Star India, the DTH platform will broadcast the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup matches, which will be produced with the new technology.
The 4K ultra HD set top box redefines TV viewing experience delivering four times the picture resolution of Full HD. It has 27 times the normal Standard Definition (SD) picture quality. It provides a resolution of more than eight million pixels, resulting in better sharpness and clarity.
In lay man’s terms, a 4K channel is equivalent to four HD channels put side by side and two HD on top of the four, which basically makes it an image with four times the resolution of HD.
Videocon is really keeping pace and investing in new technology. :clap: