Nextra broadband in Noida / General Recommendations for best broadband in Noida

• Thread starter Thread starter nikhill
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 7,024
ISP
Airtel
Namaste guys! I stumbled upon this forum trying to find decent broadband connections in my area i.e. Sector - 55 Noida. Nextra broadband is not available in my area but they are planning to come to my area in the near future. I was pretty excited about it as I am currently on 8 mbps Airtel and it's very stable and customer care is nice but 8mbps is not an impressive speed (only to us Indians it might be impressive but c'mon its 2015). I read nextra's plans and they all looked pretty impressive but after reading almost all the nextra reviews and the complaints I am not leaning towards it anymore. Is there any better option besides Airtel? The FUP's are terrible for the price. I am not a very heavy user but around 120gb more or less is a comfortable zone for me. Also if in the near future any ISP is coming or any existing ISP's might come up with better plans please do tell.

Thank you

TL;DR- Read Nextra customer service and plans are a scam, Need a new ISP better than Airtel ( 8 mbps )

Good luck finding anything anywhere close to Airtel's reliability in North India.

It just saddens me so much to not have options or higher speeds. Just a random thread on 4chan /b/, people were posting their speeds and the prices. I pay about Rs.2000 w/o taxes a month. People outside India are getting 50 mbps or such (even 20 mbps is fine by me) for 40 dollars or less. And I know India is a developing country and such but it's not a country with bigots. I spam airtel with calls telling them to get fibre in my area. I believe if we all get together and sign change.org or anything similar to that maybe we can make a difference? Although anything takes far too long in India, corruption being the primary factor holding us back.

>2k15
>Google fiber
>Here I am struggling to keep up with 8 mbps FUP

sadface.gif

Namaste guys! I stumbled upon this forum trying to find decent broadband connections in my area i.e. Sector - 55 Noida. Nextra broadband is not available in my area but they are planning to come to my area in the near future. I was pretty excited about it as I am currently on 8 mbps Airtel and it's very stable and customer care is nice but 8mbps is not an impressive speed (only to us Indians it might be impressive but c'mon its 2015). I read nextra's plans and they all looked pretty impressive but after reading almost all the nextra reviews and the complaints I am not leaning towards it anymore. Is there any better option besides Airtel? The FUP's are terrible for the price. I am not a very heavy user but around 120gb more or less is a comfortable zone for me. Also if in the near future any ISP is coming or any existing ISP's might come up with better plans please do tell.

Thank you

TL;DR- Read Nextra customer service and plans are a scam, Need a new ISP better than Airtel ( 8 mbps )

Hi Nikhil...buddy we are sailing in the same boat. It has been almost a year now since I have settled in Noida (sector-35) but till now I haven't got any suggestions or recommendation of a reliable high speed internet service provider. I am also stuck with Airtel (rather call it Failtel) broadband and i too have seen people posting on internet their insane download speeds, specially P2P speeds they get from beam connection like Tikona etc...

Can anyone suggest whether Tikona is reliable enough as they are offering high speeds with enough FUP for half the amount what Airtel charges from me every month. Major part of my download are torrents so I want high P2P speeds....I am okay with little downtime if there is any in Tikona or other beam providers.

Guys...if any forum member has any info about alternate internet service providers offering high speeds with reasonable FUP in Noida (sector-35) please do lemme know asap. Believe me, I am pretty much done with Airtel and their cocky attitude towards their customers as they know they have monopoly in this region and poor customers dont have much of a choice when it comes to ISP's..

Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated.....Thanks in advance !!!