• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,498
PeOQYwX.webp
LYfwTz9.webp
1mRjLJI.webp
O7wOtI6.webp

Got it for dad because his older Samsung model is giving too much problem. Have spent a lot on repairing it and it just does not fix the issues.

About this model... Hate the display. Should have known that TFT sucks. Toshiba has an IPS model available around the same price tag. Should have gone for that. I ended up ordering the Acer because of the longer battery life because it uses Tegra K1 instead of Intel Celeron. The difference on paper is 2 hours.

It is for my dad so it should hopefully be not a big deal. But I do not see myself using it regularly. The screen is just that bad.

And yes, it costed around Rs. 26500 so it is not a cheap purchase. I would personally not recommend this. I would have bought the Rs. 15000 model that Snapdeal is selling these days if it was in stock last week.

I spent a bit more on getting the 4GB model because 2GB is just horrible on Chrome OS. I waited a long time for Acer to make available the touch model. And sure enough, they announced the touch model just 2 days after I placed the order for this regular variant at the CES.

Last edited:
One small consolation is that I am most likely eligible to benefit from the 1TB Google Drive offer on this model.

I spent Rs. 25500 on a shitty Chromebook and all I got was this!

oLZwNmr.webp

Last edited:
What is your take on chrome os? Was planning to get a chromebook soon
Btw when i first saw the pics you posted for a sec i thought it was a macbook esp the keyboard part.

lol. every laptop out there looks like a macbook these days with their design and keyboard layout. take any silver colored model from HP for instance.

as for chrome os. this is the third chromebook i have purchased. i have personally not liked any of them. but they work fine for my dad's use.

i am still waiting for a model that would fit my needs. actually i would prefer to buy a Chromebox instead. Too bad all the models available in India and even abroad are not aimed at power users.

LG Chromebase is on sale in India. Such a shitty configuration and short shelf life. It's insane.

and if you want my suggestion for a chromebook model to purchase today? toshiba chromebook 2 with ips display would be my recommendation. or the just launched Acer chromebook 15 which also has an ips display. stay away from shitty tft display like the one on this model i bought. it is horrible. i have already put the model on sale on olx. would get rid of it if i can find a buyer 😀

Great. The charger is no longer charging the Chromebook. Acer website does not list any service center for Gurgaon. This is turning into another headache.

My Acer charger also stopped working few months back. Service center guys didn't' have any spares and they didn't knew when they'll be back in stock. Ended up ordering third party charger.

I found a local unit for around 800 bucks but did not want to experiment so ordered one from usa that ended up costing me 2800 rupees 🙁

chromebooks' supposed to be cheap man! 2.8k for charger?

I bought my charger last december I think. Compared it to original and all the charging voltages are same. Its still working without an hitch.

Bought it from here: Lapronics Adapters - Buy Online @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

Main reason for not using these 3rd party chargers are due to warranty concerns. If Acer is denying you warranty, why an original charger?

it's for dad. he was already without a laptop for around a week so i did not want to take a chance blowing off his laptop 😀

as for chromebooks. they are not cheap. at least not cheap in india. and the accessories well they are shared between all kinds of devices.

rs. 2800 was inclusive of the product cost, customs, shipping from usa to india through ishop international.

New Acer PA-1450-26 Laptop White Ac Adapter Charger & Cord 45 Watt