Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'BSNL WiMax' started by sam!, Jan 5, 2015.
RESET and Re-Configure! Outdoor BSNL Wimax CPE - OX253P (ZTE)
#BSNL #WiMax #Outdoor #CPE OX253P (ZTE) (Print a hard copy for reference)
Login to 192.168.1.1 using admin/admin or admin/1234 as user/password. Soft RESET can be done in Advanced --> System Configuration --> Configuration --> Back to Factory Defaults --> RESET.
If you are not able to login in to 192.168.1.1 (happens if you have accidentally disabled WWW Remote Management access in your CPE Settings) then you need to Hard RESET the OX253P (ZTE), by pressing the RESET button (for 5-10 secs) with a flat screw driver while the Outdoor CPE unit is powered on. The button can be found next to the RJ45 jack on the Outdoor CPE. All LED lights will go off and after 10 secs LED will light up and you will hear a beep. Its done! Release the button.
Now login to 192.168.1.1 with User ID/ Password: admin/admin Or admin/1234.
How to Configure the CPE for best results?
1. Go to Advanced Setup
2. Select WAN Configuration -->Internet Connection
3. Enter your WimaxUserId@bsnl.in and password. Call BSNL Customer Care if you don't know your WimaxUserID. Ideally Account No. and WiMaxUserId is available on your monthly bill sent by BSNL.
4. Enter the CPE's MacId@bsnl.in as your anonymous identity (BSNL allows the CPE on network through MAC ID verification as you can see the default password is password against your WimaxUserID
5. Click apply.. wait for a return page.
6. Again select next tab WiMax Configuration (here you have to enter the freq.. BSNL has been allocated 20 MHz frequencies 2635 to 2655 for WiMax, so you need to add the frequencies:2635000, 2637500, 2640000, 2642500, 2645000, 2647500, 2650000, 2652500, 2655000 and last enter the bandwidth as 5000.. save .. wait for return page.
7. Disable all kinds of remote management Except WWW.
8. Enable Firewall
9. Enable QoS
10. Now go to system configuration select restart..that much
11. Back Up the Configuration on your Desktop, will help restore and avoid all these steps next time, if someone fiddles up with the settings. Just Upload the 'Back-Up' file and Restore in a minute.
12. Keep in mind that do not power off during up-gradation. Also check for the correct freq, which you enter in the table.
In case you have an older firmware than the one mentioned here, update that as well - Firmware/ Software Version: V3.70(BXG.0)12222010A_1245 | 12/22/2010
Click & Download Now!
Rotate and Align the CPE towards the nearest tower for best results - to get -40-45 dBm RSSI signal strength (higher values of RSSI like 80-90 dBm means weak signal) and a higher CINR mean of 35-40 means signal strength is good (all the 5 LED's on CPE will power up - the more - the better the signal strength). Wimax has a range of 15Kms in rural and 4Kms in urban setup from the nearest tower and the tower may or may not be visible to you by naked eye. So alignment is the only thing that needs to be taken care of. Rotate and align the CPE, till you get the best results.
BSNL WiMax is wireless broadband (supports speeds 512kbps to 2Mbps) is very stable and trouble free service, if configured properly. In case of any outage, first Check the wire connectivity from your Power Unit to the Outdoor CPE (LED's should blink - at times squirrels cut the outer sheath of the CAT 5 cable or the internal pairs of wire and coming in contact with rain/ water - shorts the connection. Can be fixed by replacing the cable.)
Add a WiFi Router to your WiMax Connection and share the connection on multiple devices - smartphone, tablet, laptop, TV or any other device supporting WiFi. Ensure WiFi router uses a different IP range. In my case, i use WiMax CPE on 192.168.1.1 and WiFi Router on 192.168.0.1 subnet 255.255.255.0 and Dynamic IP address in WiFi router WAN settings. And don't forget to secure your WiFi Connection WPA-PSK/ WPA2-PSK or higher..
Hope this helps!
*Please leave feedback, if you find the post useful.
where is the reset switch (pointmax2500)
is cat6 cable support on cpe modem?
i want to change my wair due to damage plz help
i have ICOM bsnl cpe modem
Device Software Version 01.01.03.999 (02/11/2010)
is it necessary to update the frimware.
What is the anonymous id ?? i reset the cpe so it displayed email@example.com .it always in connecting state.