Help Me Connect My Pc To Tv

boygr8

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
Guys my New PC has an S Video out.It also has a component out.I bought a cable which has a connector for connecting to the S video port on one side.On the other side of the cable......there are two connectors similar to the ones we use for Audio/Video connectrs.Now the problem is that my TV has only one input for video along with 2 inputs for audio. However this cable is sort of splitting the S video into 2 ports. I tried connecting any one of the 2 connectors, but there was no display on TV.I have Nvidia GE Force 7300 LE video graphics cardPlz help me out guys.How do i go about connecting it to my TV

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
get a new cable...s-video in and s-video out...or s-video to RCA cable...this should solve ur problem...also u need to do some settings in ur NVIDIA control panel...u'd need to activate your TV out from there...it's not activated by default...

boygr8

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
The new cable shud have S video in and the RCA out...............Right?The RCA out will have one or 2 connectors?Any idea where I can get a long cable for the purpose in delhi?(about 6 meters)

rohin_mattoo

Regular
Regulars
Jul 13, 2006
QUOTE(boygr8 @ Mar 26 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]84907[/snapback]
Guys my New PC has an S Video out.It also has a component out.
I bought a cable which has a connector for connecting to the S video port on one side.
On the other side of the cable......there are two connectors similar to the ones we use for Audio/Video connectrs.

Now the problem is that my TV has only one input for video along with 2 inputs for audio. However this cable is sort of splitting the S video into 2 ports. I tried connecting any one of the 2 connectors, but there was no display on TV.
I have Nvidia GE Force 7300 LE video graphics card

Plz help me out guys.How do i go about connecting it to my TV[/b]

Hi...
First of all get a S-Video to RCA Connector......It would change output of ur graphic card frm S-video to RCA out.
Thn get a single RCA cable Male to Male....
U can also get S-Video to 3RCA Cable. Just use Yellow pin out of the 3 RCA.
Just connect it to ur TV thn yellow connector.....
As soon u connect it to ur TV u wil see sm dialog box open in ur PC just set the settings and u r done...
Thn frm system tray where u see NVIDIA icon right click it....
And frm there just in Display screens click Clone option....
U r done.....
Any more queries u can email me at rohin_arayn@yahoo.co.in
I have nvidia Geforce fx 5200 256 mb graphics card....
I see movies on TV with its help...
Display is awesome...

And u can get these cables and connector frm Nehru Place for sure...
Distributer of nvidia graphic cards in India is BIGBYTE...
Their Delhi office address is:

402, Madhuban Building, 55, Nehru Place
New Delhi-110019
Mobile no: 9313373666

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
QUOTE(ROHIN @ Mar 27 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]85049[/snapback]
U can also get S-Video to 3RCA Cable. Just use Yellow pin out of the 3 RCA.
Just connect it to ur TV thn yellow connector.....[/b]

i guess u can use all the 3 pins...s-video sends out audio signals as well...

boygr8

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
r u sure S video sends out audio as well? How can graphics card output audio signal????

rohin_mattoo

Regular
Regulars
Jul 13, 2006
QUOTE(boygr8 @ Mar 28 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]85133[/snapback]
r u sure S video sends out audio as well? How can graphics card output audio signal????[/b]
s-video sends just video signals.....for audio output u hav to use ur sound card.....

boygr8

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
I tried connecting with the cable that the computer vendor provided me. He gave me a cable with a S video connector on one side and 2 RCA sockets on the other side.I connected one of the 2 RCA sockets to TV, I was able to connect but the picture was distorted with respect to color.Another problem I faced was that when I played a video on my PC, the video wud be seen on my comp monitor but on TV it wud show blank/black area. This happened with any video that i played .Now I have asked the vendor to give me a S Video to single RCA cable.Lets hope this wud solve my problems.

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
If your TV had an S-video in, then you would get the best display by just using a s-vido cable, RCA degrades the signal slightly. It's not too noticeable if you have not seen better.

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
QUOTE(ROHIN @ Mar 28 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]85156[/snapback]
s-video sends just video signals.....for audio output u hav to use ur sound card.....[/b]

when i was trying to do the same, i read somewhere that u can get the sound as well from the s-video jack...i can't remember the site or the source, will try to find out and if i do, will mention it here...

yes, s-video to s-video is the best option...