Can I benefit from BSNL Broadband Government Employees scheme

ISP
BSNL
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about getting a new BSNL broadband connection at home. Airtel broadband is not available in our area (Sonipat, Haryana) and others aren't reliable enough.

I have heard of the 10% discount that government employees get on broadband bills. My dad's brother is an government employee, though we don't share the same address. Can I use his identity to get the broadband connection at our house? He doesn't own a landline connection himself, and won't have any problem in letting us use his identity.

I know it's kinda unethical, but I am really tight on budget and a monthly saving of 10% sounds good. What all documents are required while getting the connection? Can I somehow avail the discount by showing that he resides at the same address (if that is required)?

Thanks for your time. 🙂

Happy new year.

Said employee needs to be living at the same address. You could try though.

Upvote 0
address proof should be enough no? i mean who is going to check if his dad is living in the same house?

Upvote 0
I meant if he can provide an address proof in his dad's name from an old landline or anything like that, it should work.

Upvote 0
From what I understand, for what you're saying to work, his dad and his dad's brother should have shared the same address at which OP currently lives at some point in time.

Do correct me, if I'm wrong. 😀

Upvote 0
well yeah. only he can tell if his dad has an address proof for the residence he is living in.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone, applied for a broadband connection without trying to cheat the system. Hopefully a miniscule percentage of BSNL's ongoing deficits get covered by that. 🙂
Just waiting for the day when TRAI forces 1 mbp.

Upvote 0
they have to force 2mbps from this year. realistically speaking we might get 2mbps minimum by 2017.

Upvote 0