Need Help

• Thread starter Thread starter deep_nx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,616

deep_nx

ISP
MTNL trib NU
Hi guyz i am a user of MTNL i have a 590 NU plan which is a 256 kbps plan with night unlimited . i.e. 12:00 Am TO 8:00 Ambut the speed MTNL gives is just 256 KBPS and the rent of 590 Rs + Additional taxes..i have heaard that BSNL has a plan called Home 500 Which gives 256 Kbps/Upto 2Mbps and Night Unlimited (0200-0800 Hrs)now here is the catch...0.Is the Home 500 plan giving 2mbps connection in the unlimited download hours at night aswell ?1.should i switch off MTNL and go to BSNL now ? or will MTNL ever give same type of plan and i should wait ?2.the only difference i know about MTNL & BSNL is maharashtra and Bharat .... i hv no idea what is technically diffrent ...could u explain?3.if u suggest to swith to BSNL what talk plan should i take to avail my internet on that phone as i do not have a Bfone?(minimum is what i need) as i would take the Home 500 plan.--i went to bsnl official site aswell i did not understand the details given ofor the Bfone plans.plz help me on this guys.Thnx,Deepesh.

If you are located in Mumbai / Delhi then you must be knowing
that BSNL is not available in Mumbai / Delhi .

BSNL Dataone Home 500 plan's speed varies from 256kbps from
2 mbps depending on the technical feasibility . If upto 2 mbps speed
is available in day time then it is also available during the unlimited
download hours ( 2 AM - 8 AM ) .

some time back I have downloaded Nero 7 from its ftp site in early
morning ( after 6 AM ) . I used Flashget and the average speed was
146.75 KiloByte/sec .

If BSNL is available at your place then you can apply for Sulabh plan
for the Basic Phone and Home 500 for the Dataone . Sulabh plan has
the minimum monthly rental and all out going calls are charged .

dammm...........i live in MUMBAIwe suk manni am so angry of these BSNL and MTNL authorities........such a develeped city MUMBAI & DELHI is .....what the hell are these authorities doing...

stealing away from IT studs........no wonder pune is advancing so much in IT now ....and many of my frnz goin der to do IT...mann i hate those ppl like HELL !

This can be a false news ...one of my friends in IIT Kanpur said that their Campus Provides WAN connectivity from BSNL which is 100 MBPS ...I didn't belive it ....He says He can download an 700 mb file in roughly 30 mins....but this is true that all the rooms in the hostel have decent connection to use google chat (because they do voice chat with each other while solving maths problem 😛)

That BSNL connectivity is in bulk, esp. this is used by Corporates.... and Instititutions. So ur friend is right. In my office, we have 3 Providers:1. BSNL2. Reliance3. VSNLOut of above, reliance and VSNL are standby with 40+MBPS connections each. Its now that we have upgraded BSNL to 100+MBPS. After all we are 4000+ strong crowd wanting best piece of internet....There I get average download speed of 400~ KPBS on average......... 🙂 reaching to max 1700KBPS on our terminals (on holidays) Its true our company is spending bit too much on Internet, but thats the medium for business in IT world. And thats difference between home connections (256kpbs~2mbps)............ and bulk bandwidth bought by these corporates.... they can afford to such connections...

PRANKSTER plz PM me ur email id .... thnx ....cause i need to do someting abt my net connection now seriously ...im all piss*d off of this BSNL & MTNL thing ...