Tata Sky Or Dish Tv

• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,694

mayank1200

ISP
airtel
i m really confused. which 1 shud i go for TATA or dishtv.
i hv 2 television sets in different rooms.
whose service is better TATA or dishtv?
and which 1 wil cost me less?

if u have to go for dish then Tata Sky is reported to have better service.but if u can wait then wait couple of months.. the SUN tv will launch its own DTHthat wud increase competition.

Go for Tata Sky as it is way better than dishtv. Even the dealers themselves advise to opt for tatasky as dishtv's customer service is nothing short of a joke. Vikram Mehra , head of consumer marketing , has steadily maintained that their customer support is one of their biggest strengths and i have experienced it as well. Don't fall into the trap of this dishtv having about 160 channels as against 100 on tatasky. Also no disrespect to SUN Direct but i don't think they even have a slight chance of competing with tatasky and dishtv. Only reliance and Airtel has the ability to put up a fight against them but then by that time tatasky and dishtv might just be out of the reach.

well not sure about the service offered by dishtv,but i am quite happy with the services provided by Tata Sky gave a compliant about not receiving signal in my settop box by 12 noon and the technicians where there in my house by about 4-4.30 pm,bye the way it was no fault of tatasky of me not receiving the signals work is beign carried out in my building so the wire was cut by some idiotic worker the wire was changed and everything is fine now 🙂

@jason : Right now dish are offering 6 months subscription free, don't know about the offer for a second tv.The multiroom policy of Tata Sky is quite good. 300 for the first tv and then only 100 for the next tv. Total=RS. 400 p.mI', using tatasky for the last 3 months with no issues. The picture quality is superb barring a few zee channels and HBO.@maahkaal : i do agree with you. i'm still waiting for sun channels to come on tatasky. My folks watch it 😛. Reliance, hmm... i hope they roll out iptv instead. Then atleast their broadband will be available.@mystery_inc18 : why dishtv? can you state your reasons?@yogi1771 : did the change the wire for free ? did they charge you for anything at all when they fixed the problem ? which part of the country are you from ?

I expect Sun's DTH to be popular in south because of their ability to show their own bouquet of regional channels as well as other regional channels - Unless other DTHs are able to show them as well.

QUOTE(WiZaRd @ Mar 27 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]85034[/snapback]
@jason : Right now dish are offering 6 months subscription free, don't know about the offer for a second tv.
The multiroom policy of Tata Sky is quite good. 300 for the first tv and then only 100 for the next tv. Total=RS. 400 p.m
I', using tatasky for the last 3 months with no issues. The picture quality is superb barring a few zee channels and HBO.

@maahkaal : i do agree with you. i'm still waiting for sun channels to come on tatasky. My folks watch it 😛. Reliance, hmm... i hope they roll out iptv instead. Then atleast their broadband will be available.

@mystery_inc18 : why dishtv? can you state your reasons?

@yogi1771 : did the change the wire for free ? did they charge you for anything at all when they fixed the problem ? which part of the country are you from ?[/b]

no it was done free of cost and bye the way this is the second time this has taken place,the cable getting damaged due to the negligence of the workers

@yogiare u sure its done by worker and not by local cable operator? lolplus did u ask Tata Sky, if cable is damaged after warranty period of1 yr will it still be done for free?

no amish the cable was not cut by the local cable operator in our building plastering work is going on,no idea if they will do it for free after 1year