Tata Indicom 512 Kbps Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Broadnet
Okay guys, after being restricted to *Beep* 64 kbps connection for as far as I can remember and with downtimes of ~ 2 hours a day, I decided that the time has come for a change. I opted for Tata Indicom 512 kbps U/L over Sify (The only twobroadband services available in my area, barring BSNL).The problem is, I'm unable to decide between Prepaid and Postpaid service. I mean, do I really have a major disadvantage by taking a Static IP over a Dynamic IP? I don't wanna waste an extra 1000/- Rs along with the installation charges, by going in for a Prepaid service, where in, the only advantage is the Dynamic IP. And say, I go in for 256 kbps in the begining, then, can I upgrade/DOWNGRADE to another plan in the future? Please do help me out, guys!Thanks in advance 🙂

Pre-paid will be a better choice for you as u can change plans at will..Static ip doesnt matter much if u are using it for personal use/home use..

Even I wanna know... Around 10 computers will be connecting to the internet. Static IP or Dynamic IP?

QUOTE(leomax @ Mar 25 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]84726[/snapback]
Pre-paid will be a better choice for you as u can change plans at will..
Static ip doesnt matter much if u are using it for personal use/home use..[/b]

Leomax, are you sure about me being able to change my plan if I take a Prepaid connection? Or is it the postpaid connection?

Prepaid is best! Don't rely on Tata indicom for correct billing moreover you ask them to waive installation charges.From what i know is that they waive off 500 inst charges if cust opt for high value plans.

i have changed my plan from 64 kbps to 512 kbps business plan 3000 and i just done a speed test to my disappointment they are giving only 300 kbps or a bit more but my speed test has not croseed 400 kbps so this may happen to you too so chose wisely

the download speed is good it comes at 55-60kbps at rapidsheare so we can expect 64 kbps using download managers

Status
Not open for further replies.