• Views Views 15,602
Status
Not open for further replies.
@pomanup

Send message:

HSD

To 55333.

@Chirag Bansal

Only, in circles which have Reliance's own Pro 3 network.

Applicable to all circles and data cards? btw I tried recharging my Pro 3 on Reliance's website, but it shows it is someone else's number. Should I try the data card recharge from Paytm? (Assuming we're only talking HSD circles)

Oh, you meant unlimited data on Pro 3. Only Mumbai and some other circles have that for postpaid. How can it show someone else's number? Do you mean when you enter your Pro 3 number it shows some other name?

Yep, it does that when I try to recharge on Reliance's site. When I called them to activate, they told me it was someone else's number. I talked to the retailer next days and he activated it in an hour, saying that the number was in my name only. After the FRC gets over, I'll try recharging a small amount and see what happens.
Apart from that, my SCDA is Chennai and I was wondering if this is gonna work:

Source

Last edited:
I am using Reliance cdma
So, I got a new connection on 8th. I had ordered MTS Huawei EC306 CDMA unlocked dongle. I inserted the sim today and was getting EVDO signal. I did a small recharge to check the speed, but I am unable to connect. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I have used the same sim in smartphone as well as in unlocked dongle at same place.

Observation was that in evdo mode speed in dongle much less in comparison when used in smartphone. I dont why ?

^Very true. I have both used and while speed on phone is minimum 1mbps, speed in dongle varies a lot.

^ thank you , should i have to send any SMS or do anything to activate data in the SIM other than recharging it ?
You need to send message to activate EVDO or PRO 3 mode in reliance cdma otherwise it will give 1X speed only ( 156kbps around ) .
send sms : HSD to 55444. ( one time activation only ) after that you will start getting EVDO speeds , If EVDO not available in you location then you will get sorry message from RCOM.

am waiting for SIM activation , thought Modem would be suffice for activation .seems like i would be getting call for verification
so have given the SIM to retailer for activation , dont have a CDMA phone 😀

thru app , u mean to say android app ? can i use the app on other phones i mean like any other GSM phone with any connection or should it be used only in the CDMA number i just got?

App can be used on any phone. Just register it on your CDMA number. OTP for verification will be sent to CDMA sim, read that through dongle.

okay , SIM got activated , inserted in Modem was getting HSIA signal full , updated the profile settings , then recharged for Rs 71 which is claimed to give UL data and UL calls .

Connected was getting around 1 mbps speed , was monitoring the main balance constantly but still net got disconnected after 10 mins usage
main balance got exhausted

now, this UL plan works only on 949 plan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.