got cheated by olx seller

• Thread starter Thread starter anuj nehra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 10,280
sir i saw an add on olx abaut a computer product (data card).. i transfered the amount rupees 1100 in his sbi account by card to card transfer.. but he sent me a stone instead of a data card throw india post service.. i hv his all details like name phone no his sbi card no etc.. so can i get my money back somehow or can i register a complain abaut him.. i know its not a big amount but he must cheat others also so want to take action against him.. pls help

i thought you only traded in person when dealing with folks on these classified services 😕

that's strange I have a constant fear of getting a defective even when meeting person-in-person through OLX

of course... it is hard to find out defects in any product just by looking at it!

Recently a friend who is in police saved himself from such a fraud.

he was selling his Tata indica, and someone called and said he wants to buy the car.
after negotiation on phone for couple of days, he said I sent someone to see the car, it was parked at some place so
the seller assumed he might have seen it already from outside etc.

later this buyer started saying, he has problems getting full cash and he wants his brother to transfer a major chunk of 50K
and he needs Debit Card number and pin to do so.
the seller smelled what was cooking for him and informed his senior officers who lodged the complaint but since then this number
is switched off and its hard to get trace of this guy as he used that phone only to cheat buyers and have not made any other calls
except to buyers.
lets see if he makes any more mistakes and gets caught.

So when dealing with OLX you should not buy things REMOTELY
They clearly state its a person to person transaction and not an online shopping.

Try your luck with police, as you might have details where you transferred money so you can get hold of this Fraudster.

You should be dealing only in person, but many people do not... Its risky enough going via channels like Flipkart & Snapdeal who have atleast some level of safety (debatable) whereas dealing in olx is more riskier than not.

There are lot of scams going on in sites like olx and quikr. Atleast olx has some genuine ads, quikr is just spam site operating as genuine site.

Person sets up an car ad for very low price. people call him. he says car is available and also tells him that he has two more offers waiting for him and advises the buyer to deposit small amount of money (1k~2K) to book the car. After money is deposited, the seller is no where to be found. I though people are too smart to fall into these traps. Guess I was wrong.

Olx has genuine sellers though for most part.

in that case you would have to get him to your place of course. unless of course you hire a tempo to carry your furniture around 😀