Mtnl Broadband Some Sites Not Opening Or Getting Stuck

• Thread starter Thread starter sidsoftguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7,383

sidsoftguy

ISP
MTNL
Hi I am using MTNL WI-FI router. This is connected to my desktop directly and to laptop through wireless. The following problemI am having this problem with both the computers if I use connection with them separately or together. This problem was also when I usedD-link router previouslyI have Linux-Mepis loaded on my desktop and Windows on my Dell NotebookI am MTNL Triband Unlimited 256 KBPS plan subscriber. Some of the sites are not opening at al and some sites just get stuck.For example the Citibank site does not open at all.My Idea Mobile site also does not open when I try to make payment.Yahoo mail (Old and New both) does open but it gets stuck if I click any mail in the inbox.I am also able to try to go to yahoo groups but cannot read the post or change my account settings.These are some of the sites where I have seen this problem. I called 1504 but they said I should contact with the site help line, as this is problem with siteNot MTNL.But I am able to open these sites in cyber cafe.Same time when these sites are stuck other sites are opening just fine like rediffmail, Youtube etc.I don’t know what is causing this. Please advise

check your tcp/ip properties. set the dns server to your router address.

Call 1504 after all they charging you 1300 deposit & 150 pm for this wifi thing so let them install it!

It seems as if they block there own sites 😛 .Now this is the height of poor service. The MTNL broadband usage site has been down for 2 weeks now.... I haven't seen my usage since then. DataFox also not working :angry: .

DataFox won't work till the site is not up/accessible...

Ya, I know that... DataFox retrieves its records from the MTNL site...But I don't even remember the last record I saw, and if there was a cache thing in DataFox, it could at least display the last record it retrieved in case the site was down or there was no connection.

delhi site down again?? the delhi site is down most of the time!we mumbai guys are lucky, the site is hardly down. 🙂

Finally, i was able open d Delhi site today (after at least 3 weeks or sumthin)Dis dite is almost everytime down.Last time dat it opened...it took more than 30 min for logging in :angry:

The problem is with port 443 which controls the access to sites which require a secure protocol. I've been having exactly the same problem ever since I switched to MTNL wireless. I had no trouble with ethernet connection prior to wireless setup. So, the main problem is with the wireless router which somehow blocks this port. Another thing is, I cannot find the port forward support for these routers as the make is pretty hard to determine. But I'm quite sure these are single port made-to-order routers from UTStar as they only supply WA 3002 G4 (those users with four ports, there is documentation available at UTStar site but no PF support 🙁 ) Don't know what to do, except can use proxies though, but some sites even don't allow that which's fucking irritating me. I'm trying, though. As soon as I get through it, I'd post a solution. Till then, suck on your routers. 🙁

^ that could be a problem with MTNL wireless routers..but the original poster mentions that the problem was there with a D-Link router as well..most probably he is using MTNL DNS which is causing the problem

I was facing the same problem, tied calling up 1504 but they couldn't/won't help me... so I decided to do some researching on my own.
the problem seems to be with the router blocking the ssl port 443, so most of the secure sites won't open or even if they open they'll provide limited access.
Here's the solution I found to this on another forum..works fine for me.

.................................................. ..............................................

Step1: Open 192.168.1.1 in IE/Firefox

Step 2:
http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11rg3.jpg

Step 3:
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5171/25mf1.jpg

Step 4:
now
Go To Settings
n
Reboot the router.

It will take a minute or two

Step 5:
..then in WinXP

Make a Dialup connection,

Set Connection manually
Connect to BB using login name n password
Name it - MTNL_Triband
User - Tel No.
Password - CA No.

.................................................. .................................................. .

Reboot(not essential)
.. then Dial
you are done. 😀

**If you are using the WA 3002 G1/G4 router

for step 2 & 3
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1436/untitled1eq4.jpg

^ That is just setting up Bridge Mode on the router.. any routing problems associated with router can be solved by coneverting it into a dumb ADSL modem by setting up Bridge mode..Bridge mode tutorial is available in the Imp. links section of MTNL subforum