How is Idea connection throughout India?

• Thread starter Thread starter sg09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,603
ISP
BSNL
I am thinking of switching from BSNL postpaid connection because, now-a-days in my locality, I can rarely make uninterrupted calls. But the thing I liked about BSNL is its availability in remote areas.

I want an affordable postpaid connection and so Airtel and Vodafone are not for me, moreover, I have prepaid connections of these providers for backup use. I have used Tata Docomo, Reliance prepaid connections too and these don't have good reach in remote areas and even in outskirts. I heard that Aircel and MTS are not good either.
But I have no idea about !dea. It is said to be the 3rd largest marketshare behind Airtel and Vodafone. I am concerned about its Network Strength, Uninterrupted calls. I am not bothered about Data connection. Also how is its reach in remote areas and outskirts? If it is good, I will use its Smile 149 plan

I want to receive your opinions.

Try Tata Indicom?

i was suggesting getting a tata indicom cdma prepaid sim and checking it out. it has been the only connection i have used that worked everywhere.

@chromaniac Actually in Kolkata circle, Tata Indicom operates as Tata Docomo. I am using it for a long time. They do not have good coverage overall.
Are you saying that their CDMA has better coverage? But for that, I need to have a new phone, right?

@x720 I use Tata docomo for making cheap calls onnet but my public number is currently a BSNL postpaid connection. I will prefer to have a connection that is not costly but has a good coverage even in remote areas. So, I am asking about !dea. Is it good?

Yes. CDMA should have better coverage. But you'll need a new phone, if you're willing then great.

Else, for GSM you'd be better of getting an idea prepaid Sim and testing network for your self. It is impossible to judge network quality without actually being there.

Last edited:
Thank you.
I agree that personal experience is important but I also liked to have some feedback from Idea users. Often a telecom provides good connectivity at a certain region but lacks in remote areas.

I current use an idea prepaid. It works great in Gurgaon. That's all I can say about it.

I use Idea prepaid in Pune (MH Circle) and its quite good for both 2G and 3G. Better call quality and also better data connectivity.