@! ReChArGe Your DataOne !@

• Thread starter Thread starter agnivo007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 11,513
A

agnivo007

Hi DataOne Users,
Let me share a little tweak which can increase your DataOne speeds by upto 100% !!
Seems unbelievable !! Our friend abdulrahman has tried out on my recommendation and he has gained good speed (From

Any good tweak for Sify broadband

Works for all ISPs...Actually fine-tunes your LAN card/PCI-Modem settings...:lol:The screenshot shown here tunes your LAN card settings...*NOT* PCI Dial-up Modem!:lol:

Originally posted by boygr8@May 21 2005, 09:00 PM
Any good tweak for Sify broadband
[snapback]9777[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yah cut their wire and move to some other connection 😛

This prog is same like tcpoptimizer and many others .. Dont expect muxh speed gain with it on sify
It should work for dsl .

well, i tried those exact settings...didn't see any speed increase...still 22 - 25 kBps on 256 kbps MTNL TriBand... 🤔

You are going the right way...abdul :lol:Other members should also extend cooperation... :lol:

well, i tried them all...they all r from that same ADSL tweaks page agnivo earlier gave...nothing seems to work for me...still not above 25 kBps 🙁

25 KBps is good enough if u r far away from your exchange. Otherwise chk ur lines and junctions etc. and cable quality. Or maybe MTNL's service is not that good. Many get lesser speeds. I get around 30 to 32 KBps as I'm close to the exchange - within 1 Km. Still applied the tweaks. Expectedly, no change. Thankfully it didn't get worse.

Santanu(Hulo),You won't get much enhancement if the connection runs at full speed, say 30-33kbps ! But I have myself slogged from 12-16kbps to about 36kbps. That is why I tried to share this tweak with u all.Coolbuddy,U had mentioned somewhere that u get about 200kbps down and 118kbps up. But we, under BSNL get theoretically 256kbps up and 64kbps up.I think there is some difference of ADSL implementation and difference of hardware in DSLAMs used by MTNL which is the cause of this scenario. I am not sure whether MTNL has optimized and checked their lines and has good amount of bandwidth to share between the customers. Also, the quality of lines, presence of joints and distance from DSLAM are major factors which determine the maximum up/down speed u can get.

I havent tried these settings yet, but shouldn't we also put these numbers in the MT800 modem setup as well? I have my MTU set to 1400 hehe i get good speeds 450 - 480 kbps on my 512k line... will try these settings later to see if I get any better...

agni and hulo: i'm hardly 500 meters from the exchange...and i totally agree with agni on the upload/download speeds...anytime i do the speed test, they almost are same...it seems SDSL rathen than ADSL to me...let me try and change the MTU in the modem and will tell u my experience...thanks for all the help though... 😀

I have put settings as suggested by u in Dr.TCP and beleive me my Sify Broadband is slower than ever.Can anybody tell me how to revert back to win xp default settings???PLZ get me out of it