Nokia N1

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 8,908
from the looks of it, it is running practically stock android. and the z launcher is available through google play. so i do not see why not. also as already mentioned, this is not microsoft wala chu Nokia. this is nokia nokia.

Actually I didn't see any G app in those pics and later remeber that this is to be released in China, where no Android phone comes with GApps... So yes, if this Tablet is coming to any country other than China, then it will most probably come with Google apps and PlayStore...

well the chinese model probably cannot and the international model would be stupid not to have it 😀

What?? I rooted Lollipop on day 1 using same traditional way. By this date, almost every device with lollipop is confirmed to be rootable.

Last edited:
1. Encrypted bootloader has nothing to do with OS. Encryption in this case resides at much lower level and only checks whether encryption key of OS matches with that of bootloader. This means no custom ROMs.
2. However, its possible to root phone with encrypted bootloader and do all kind of modifications including flashing of Google apps etc. It only requires unlocked bootloader which is different than encryption/decryption.

^^^^
Well, by saying Encrypted BL, I actually meant, BL locked with encryption (and NOT the certificate check which avoids flashing old firmware even in rooted phones with unlocked BL)... Sorry, if I confused you..

All Android phones comes with Locked BL, incl Nexus.. But Nexus phone's BL can be unlocked easily (fastboot oem unlock) with simple one line command..
Some OLD phones came with UnSafe boot-image, eg: Old Samsung phones till S2/Note2 afaik... They can also be simply rooted, by first flashing custom recovery and then making changes in system there..
But OLD Motorola phones and all new mostly subsidized (market leader/monopoly like Verizon, AT&T) carrier locked phones comes with Encrypted BL. It can only be unlocked via key, but its available for FULL RETAIL (also called Developer edition phones) paid phones only and NOT subsidized ones...

Even in Android KitKat, rooting has become very difficult or almost impossible (esp in ver 4.4.4) to root without unlocking the BL.. For the phones with encrypted BL and running 4.4.4, getting the BL unlocked (with appropriate key or hack) is the best solution... I have paid 50+$ to buy the UnLock code for my DroidMAXX (prev version of DroidTurbo from Verizon, USA) from one chinese middleman and then only I got root access.. (Even the Sunshine hack by JCase won't work for 4.4.4 Moto phones)

Android has become very secured (by patching security holes in each and every version) that UnLocking the BL is the only left out (and straight forward) method to root the phone.. Earlier methods like zroot, faramroot, towelroot (these hacks actually use security holes to get root access) may NOT work in Lollipop, let alone the good old one-click methods...