MTNL sim not getting activated. Problem with 1508.

• Thread starter Thread starter nalanda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 27,405
ISP
Vodafone 3G
My MTNL 3G Sim is not getting activated. I have been calling 1508 for past 2 days but I either the line is busy or no one picks up the call. What to do?

Where did you buy it from?

Activation is instant or within a few hours.

Helpline is 1503 not 1508.

From a shop in East Delhi. I was told to call 1508 after 3 days for tele verification. I have already called 1503 but they told me that verification needs to be done before the sim is activated.

Are you getting signal in the sim?

If not, buy a new one from a nearby Sanchar Haat, it'll be activated within a few hours. Avoid regular shops for MTNL sims.

I am getting full signal (5 bars). Is there no other way except washing this sim down the drain?

Quickest solution would be to buy a new one from Sanchar haat. Sims bought from there don't need tele verification, AFAIK.

Else, keep trying 1508 😛

i am trying on 1503, they even picked up the call after multiple no. of tries but i get same answer all the time " we have not got your papers" .

Did you top-up with a validity plan? You need to do a validity top-up apart from general talk-time topups. Although this is not necessary if you are opting for annual plan.