Vodafone India charging extra for 'downloads'

Even 3G on mobile is expensive there, 1GB for 10 USD. In New Zealand, 1GB is 20 NZD on any telco.

Again, because their expenditures are much higher in those countries.

anyway, i dont see any point in doing such comparisons.they don't justify the scams these guys do.

Do you have proofs that they have spam based systems to deduct illegitimate money from customer account balance?

And this is the only reason they do that and get away with it easily.We cant prove it.They have logs of each and everything.it would take them only couple of minutes most of the time to get things straight if they really want to.

I'm also the victim of this fraudulent charges. Vodafone have charged me two times in a row for hello tv all south service which I have never subscribed to. I have contacted Hellotv for this lets see what happens Apart from this Vodafone's response to my query was std reply which you people have got i.e. "This are accurate charges and blah blah blah". 🙁

Another victim here . I guess , these telecos want to charge me extra , apparently i was charged for some reccuring subscription where they charged me 330+service tax for some model's pack , and in the next bill too they will have charged me a similar amount . The nodal team are of the view that i clicked on that link .

And they played the usual game , we tried to call you and your number was unreachable . Btw Did any of you got refunded through pgportal.gov.in

Airtel , never did this . They inflated bills but never activated these silly packs

What i would suggest is switch to MTNL . No extra charging , decent network , only for low usage though .

Airtel's customer support is much better though in my opinion , vodafone support sucks .

We would like to inform you that the third party application website are not connected to Vodafone as these websites are already active through different website makers in the market e.g if you are surfing internet in your handset and popup comes up on your screen and if you click any banner website that might be chargeable.

We would also like to inform you that as per the process third party application website not belongs to Vodafone so we are not able to intimate that which particular website is chargeable or not whether the charges appear in your Vodafone bill as we are your internet service provider.

Further if you wish to know about visited website links you can go through your handset browser to check the links while sometimes if you are playing games and if some popup comes up to your handset screen it should be chargeable.

We would also like to inform you that there is no option where customer should buy applications/links by asking credentials (id & password) just like as in case of internet banking/credit card banking/debit banking.

As per the process we would not able to bar any third party application in the website. Hence, further request you to kindly ignore such pop up in order to avoid any download charges in future.

Please note that any additional downloads (like games/song/wallpapers etc.) will be charged as per the product details mentioned along with the data charges. E.g. if a wallpaper cost is mentioned as Rs.10, you will be charged Rs.10 along with data charges depending on the download size of the wallpaper.

We regret to state that as per the details mentioned above, we would not be able to reverse any amount against the advance rental plan on your Vodafone account.

Update : Even after my very detailed emails , i am getting a standard reply from their appellate office ,they are rfusing to acknowledge that it was vodafone which billed me and are telling me that it was some advertisement which i clicked on . Why the hell would i require a model pack , i very well know how to use google . They charged me 500+ and those idiots now arent clarifying even how services were delivered or how was it activated . They are just delaying it .

UPDATE: they have refunded me after 1 Month , but in the email they mentioned that it was a service gesture . They denied any wrongdoing . I shot them a mail back , they said that it was based on some popup's which i clicked

MY question , How can they inject popup's when the only site's i use using that connection are HTTPS (bank and Email) .Vodafone has been at it , and i am sure many customers are charged here wrongly, all those who believe were wrongly charged , can you please get in touch with me . I am planning to take this ahead . They cannot charge like thieves and blatantly lie on the face of it