Data One

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjitcx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 8,139

sanjitcx

For the last couple of days, I am unable to open the Data One Administration Page.Though the page "www.dataone.in" opens very fast but the Data one administation page does not open.Is anybody facing the same problem?sanjitcx

What do u mean by the Data One Administration Page ?Is it the portal server u r talking about ?

Originally posted by agnivo007@May 20 2005, 10:19 AM
What do u mean by the Data One Administration Page ?
Is it the portal server u r talking about ?
[snapback]9691[/snapback]
[/quote]

Data One Administration Page is where you can view your Data One Account details such as Upload/Download volumes, etc.

If you open http://www.dataone.in you will get a link
Dataone Account Administration

But for past few days the link is not working for me too.

The Dataone Account Administration link wrongly redirects to http://bsnl.co.in . Earlier it used to take one to http://10.240.43.216 . Its better to go this this URL directly and login using your username and password. The only problem once you login is that if you want to view the service records, it takes ages to query the database. In fact in the last few days, I have not been able to see the details even after prolonged wait.

Thanks for the feed back. I was very much worrying about this and was of the view that this is with everybody. sanjitcx

Originally posted by sanjitcx@May 20 2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I was very much worrying about this and was of the view that this is with everybody.

sanjitcx
[snapback]9713[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sanjitcx, if your telephone number on which broadband facility is given, is within Calcutta Telephones Area, you can mail me your telephone number if you please, and I will personally mail you your usage for a particular month.

My email is iamsomjit@rediffmail.com

Feel free to mail me.

Well Somjit,Will u hack his account to get the usage info ???Or u are at a maintainance post with Calcutta Telephones ??? :lol:

BSNL initially provided a default password xyz123 for all accounts and the dumb guys tried to pass this off to me as an exclusive password and told me not to reveal this to anyone :lol: Anyway, there are dumber users who still keep this "exclusive" password unchanged. If u randomly try this password against some usernames (same as email addresses), I think you'd still get at least a 50% hit. This is not to say that Somjit would use the same technique - he only asked for the telephone no. Maybe he or his dad works with CalTel.

I had changed "xyz123" at the same time I had received it. Smarter guys just don't forget to think about security...isn't it hulo ?

As for the caltel post, even I am not sure whether any normal maintainance employee can open one's account. Only very highly posted administrators can do it. I have heard that they can only reset passwords in case one forgets the same. They cannot even view/login as passwords are encrypted and stored. Otherwise they would have been using our id's! The billing system can only interact with the accounts to get the usage info.

Hulo, is the dataone bill related with an id ? Or is it counted on a telephone no. irrespective of id used to login from there?

But for past few days the link is not working for me too
[/b]

Even he could not access the service...and he says he can...and offters others.
Sorry, but I suspect an act of phishing here if I'm not wrong...

Originally posted by agnivo007@May 23 2005, 12:08 PM
Hulo, is the dataone bill related with an id ? Or is it counted on a telephone no. irrespective of id used to login from there?
Even he could not access the service...and he says he can...and offters others.
Sorry, but I suspect an act of phishing here if I'm not wrong...
[snapback]9900[/snapback]
[/quote]

The Dataone Bill is related with your id. The usage is counted on your Dataone ID NOT your telephone number. If you come to my house and use my computer (which has Dataone facility) with your Dataone Id, the upload and download will be counted on your ID NOT my telephone number.
If by chance, I can come to know your ID and Password I (and anyone who knows it) will use it and a single buck will not be billed against my ID but all against yours. In a nutshell, I will use Dataone and you will pay my bill. Simple!

My advice is PLEASE CHANGE YOUR DATAONE PASSWORD AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH.

Originally posted by Tushar@May 23 2005, 04:21 PM
Then how do you intend to mail sanjitcx his usage based on his phone number?
[snapback]9918[/snapback]
[/quote]

If I know your Telephone Number its enough for me (remember FOR ME) to know your Account Details. I donot need your Dataone User ID and Password.

Thanks for query.

Originally posted by Tushar@May 23 2005, 04:21 PM
Then how do you intend to mail sanjitcx his usage based on his phone number?
[snapback]9918[/snapback]
[/quote]

Again, it may not be possible for me email sanjitcx his/her account details as s/he is form Ranchi.

A new guy whose trying to be smart...yet not disclosing his intentions and mode of actions...Again, I say...isn't he trying phishing DataOne ids ??