Bsnl Launches Iptv In Pune

• Thread starter Thread starter qazranchi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 17,555
Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE(qazranchi @ Apr 2 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]85802[/snapback]
Adding to the competition between direct-to-home (DTH) and cable TV via set-top boxes, BSNL’s Calcutta Telephones unit is set to commercial launch of IPTV or internet protocol TV in April. BSNL’s is targeting 898 cities and towns for IPTV, at a cost of Rs.800 crore.[/b]

Not April, it's June according to official website of Calcutta Telephones.

i read it news paper that by june they would be bringing iptv to major cities but are they going to improve by the time it reaches us?

Has someone in Pune got this service to work? From what I know, Divinet is handling the work for IOL/BSNL. Is there any restriction on which ADSL modem is supported? I posted another message in the general IPTV thread on what my brother is experiencing.

I recently went to a BSNL exchange here in Pune. The jokers had not even heard of IPTV. I met some guy who wanted to get some info on it. Nobody knew a thing. IPTV from BSNL is just a big sham. They also had big posters about some upcomnig WiMax service. These govt wallahs cant keep the simple phone lines running. Forget about all these VAS. Its time, the last mile phoneline was opened up for competition. Airtel is going to have BSNL for breakfast.

no chance of bsnl giving eng movie channels so soon.. hbo is still not available in b'lore even after 2 months!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.