Amazon Echo

is there any way one can listen to fm radio on it? i imagine radio on smartphones do not support bluetooth streaming? plus the radio on mom's phone requires earphones to function as antenna.

ended up ordering an echo. there are a lot of issues i have with it. i hope they get fixed with time.

if it becomes too much of a privacy hassle as voice profiles are not yet available in india so all my connected data would be accessible to anyone who has access to the device... i guess it would still be a pretty decent bluetooth speaker device.

i checked the alexa app. from the default offerings, nothing seems problematic. calendar and to-do list.

Last edited:
google play music would probably not get supported directly.
Amazon music is already open for echo owners.

i was hoping to replace the radio (in pretty bad shape) that mom use early in the morning for bhajans. would check out what kind of songs echo plays for related queries. i tried looking for a decent boombox recently and decided against buying one because of high price tag. hopefully echo would be able to replace it.

FM from TuneIn is possible. Radio city and Radio Mirchi are available. You can look at the available FM stations in alexa app or Amazon Sign In

Spotify is not available in India.

If you want to use Google play music, you need to connect your phone to bluetooth and play it from echo. However, Amazon music library is good enough. If the song is not available from Amazon Music, it will redirect it to Saavn. So, you are covered there.

cool. should get the device tomorrow. would have a better idea about how things work. saavn option disappeared from alexa app for me after i clicked on tunein 😛

idhTq0y.png

I hope your account is India account. I mean your kindle store is in India. Because Saavn appears for Indian accounts only. Also, language has to be English(India) for India related skills.

i switched to Amazon india account when i got my fire tv stick. it was not working with my previous setting as i had bought some ebooks before kindle store launched in india.

language option is not visible in the app right now (nothing for fire tv stick). saavn was appearing before i clicked on tunein and it somehow connected to it by itself.

Well, then wait for your Echo. It should appear when you activate Echo. Actually, it comes pre configured. As soon as they ship, you will be able to see your Echo in you app.