• Thread starter Thread starter muttster`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,041

muttster`

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Triband + TATA night u/l
Hi all..I just read about the DSL NU plans and have ordered it..Im using Incable right now and am sick of 7-8k/s downloads..hopefully i shall get my full 32kBps downloads at nights..(when im on the net neway!)I'll be keeping my In2cable connection costing Rs.1653 for unlimited d/l-u/l. and make sure i abuse it.constantly downloading uploading stuff.Hopefully I wil be able to use both connections on my PC as I have 2 NIC cards.(Though I wont fuse the connections together,just use MTNL at nites).I'll keep everyone updated on the progress and hopefully it will be a fast installation 🙂

Hmmm...u r a really rich guy !

way to go manhave u got your own modem or gonna use the mtnl onein either case do tell the modem u gotlets see how ur experience goes

hey..will surely keep everyone updated as to how it goes..i filled the form online..1 day gone no contact..hopefully MTNL me contact me soon..I'll be using their equipment..I have no idea about ADSL2+..so better they come and install everything up..Im gonna read up in the meantine on things..Hopefully MTNL will realise that many people want unlimited data transfer plans..Agnivo007: man If i was really rich i would have gotten a leased line..heh..

well guys, i applied and got the TriBand NU plan...it was my first day yesterday...experience???? pathetic!!!! i was also pretty excited about the night thing...thought will suck all the speed, but to my amazement, it never went above 25 kBps...28-29 a couple of times for a couple of secs...but i was kinda content with it and suddenly my comp went offline...actually, was accessing my home pc from office, so was not in front of the pc to know what exactly went wrong...downloaded 50 MB in around one hr...the PC never came online again...talked to the CC guys, no one had any idea...came home, restarted the modem (btw, it is D-Link DSL-502T) and the comp and everything is fine now...but again the speed not going above 25 kBps...may be it's too early to comment on the connection...let's wait a couple of days and i'll update u guys of the status...wish me luck till then... 🤔

I'm also having the DSL-502T (bought on my own). I used to get low speeds in the beginning (32KBps and peaks upto 98KBps!
And what s/w method do u use to access ur Home PC from Office ?

I wanted to take an MTNL connection but now I have to think twice. I don't have an MTNL line in my house, I use a Tata Phone. Taking a new connection would mean paying almost Rs:1000 per month for me then.

Rs: 590/- DSL NU Plan + Rs: 80 Modem Rental + 10.2% Service Tax Rs: 68.34 + Phone Rental :-(

Total (w/o Phone Rental) = Rs: 738.34/-

To that add atleast a phone rental of 200-250 per month, that makes it 1k per month which doesn't make sence to me.

Is there no scheme to avoid paying phone rental, what if someone doesn't want to use their damn phone? This is so lame......

coolbuddy_79, how much are you paying for MTNL?

I'm really frustrated now, been without a broadband connection since 2 months now. Decided to take Sify but those morons do not want to use the already installed wires in my house, they are asking me to pay another Rs: 1500/- towards installation. Who will explain to them that it is the same freggin UTP cable, and where does the quality matter when they give a 40 kbps connection on an infrastructure that can support bandwidth of upto 10 mbps.

We need a broadband revolution....

This is why BSNL DataOne is a hit !Provides robust service, low adsl rentals and uptill now, good service !As for MTNL, I'm not a resident of Mumbai/Delhi, so no comments...

Even among BSNL, Calcutta Telephones is considered among one of the best. For some DataOne subscribers with line problems, they even went to the extent of changing hundreds of feet of lines. Service is more than satisfactory so far. In fact, I didn't quite expect such a good service with consistent download speed.

Let me give u a hug, hulo...and hope such awareness among BSNL people remains forever...I mean, not just for advertising their robustness of new service !:lol:

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@May 21 2005, 07:07 AM
well guys, i applied and got the TriBand NU plan...it was my first day yesterday...experience???? pathetic!!!!

i was also pretty excited about the night thing...thought will suck all the speed, but to my amazement, it never went above 25 kBps...28-29 a couple of times for a couple of secs...but i was kinda content with it and suddenly my comp went offline...actually, was accessing my home pc from office, so was not in front of the pc to know what exactly went wrong...downloaded 50 MB in around one hr...the PC never came online again...talked to the CC guys, no one had any idea...came home, restarted the modem (btw, it is D-Link DSL-502T) and the comp and everything is fine now...but again the speed not going above 25 kBps...may be it's too early to comment on the connection...let's wait a couple of days and i'll update u guys of the status...wish me luck till then... 🤔
[snapback]9732[/snapback]
[/quote]

hey could you try a speedtest? which also includes the upload speed test?
also,how long did it take for you to get the connection? did you fill the form online?
thanks..

agnivo: am using the service of http://www.logmein.com for accessing my two PCs...u can access as many as u want...in the free one, u can just access it...they also have got the pay one, in which u can synchronize ur two PCs, transfer data, remote print and a couple of more stuffs...i use the free one...i really hate to pay for anything on the net 😀

tushar: i think i'm gonna pay the same that u said, Rs: 590/- DSL NU Plan + Rs: 80 Modem Rental + 10.2% Service Tax, though i think the sercie tax will be the composite, including both the phone's and the broadband's...let the bill come and i'll tell u exactly how much i paid...though i didn't pay a penny for the installation...

muttster: here are my speeds

Downstream 189 Kbps (23.6 KB/sec) 204 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 196 Kbps (24.5 KB/sec) 211 Kbps (inc. overheads)

i took the test from the link given by agnivo

well, i filled the form around first week of Jan, when MTNL lanunched it...but i got the connection on May 20...and it seems the reason was that the broadband had my previous residential address...i wonder how, coz i'm getting my bills and all the related stuff at my present residence...anyhow, it took me around 2 hrs to track all that and then few pushes...so basically, i applied for this new NU plan on the 17th and got it on 20th, not bad i think... 😛

coolbuddy in my opinion your speeds don't seem too bad, almost 200 kbps for an advertised 256 connection. But then it's my opinion 😉Also can you tell me whether MTNL provided you with the D-Link DSL-502T modem by default or did you purchase it separately?

I applied for MTNL Triband in February and still not got the connection..coz this scheme has not come in our area still...If anybody could tell these MTNL lazy guys?..I want to know prices of D-Link modem(in mumbai).Will it be a cheap way by purchasing these?