Surf For Free All Day?

• Thread starter Thread starter orangehues
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,112

orangehues

ISP
Airtel 899 combo 512 kbps
I was talking to an Airtel engineer yesterday and mentioned BSNL's free browsing time between 2-8am. He said that you can probably browse for free all day if you start your session early morning around 7am (in the free zone) and continue the same session all day. The session would still be billed as a free session. He added that he isn't familiar with BSNL but this is his guess based on how it works in Airtel. Airtel doubles the speed during nighttime but it doesn't come into effect unless you reboot your system.

I doubt if it's this simple. I'm sure there are lots of very smart folks on this forum who may have already tried this. So, my question to you - has this come up on the forum before? Have you tried it?

no its not possible

i don't think, that will work...as far as airtel is concerned, speed are doubled automatically, no need to restart the modem, and is same for billing also...

QUOTE(GSV13 @ Mar 15 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]83427[/snapback]
And if by chance ur adsl link line goes down then ur stuck at 1/mb charges[/b]
Not if you try it out for an hr or two.

QUOTE(bsnl @ Mar 15 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]83403[/snapback]
no its not possible[/b]
Have you tried it?

QUOTE(ashishgoel @ Mar 15 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]83411[/snapback]
as far as airtel is concerned, speed are doubled automatically, no need to restart the modem, and is same for billing also...[/b]
I was told this categorically by the Airtel engineer.

It wont work . I had the 500 plan till september and i can say for sure, it wont work in BSNL. Maybe in airtel.

i am getting 50KBps at this specific moment. i did not restart the modem. it's one since 6 pm in the evening.

here is a message for some A-Hole who posted something in this thread. I am on Airtel which gives me double speeds at night time. No Hacks Required.I wish A-Holes like you stay away from my forum.

But this cud be possible if the only requirement to be counted in NU period is that ur session shud start in NU period AND it should end in NU period as well irrespective of date. May work in MTNL

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Mar 16 2007, 12:49 AM) [snapback]83462[/snapback]
here is a message for some A-Hole who posted something in this thread.

I am on Airtel which gives me double speeds at night time. No Hacks Required.

I wish A-Holes like you stay away from my forum.[/b]

Hey dude, cool down. Must be a newbie 🙂 .

na... its not possible.. bsnl is not that dumb.... check the usuage.. automatically after 8 am.. its gets charged... lol!!!

Don't even try mixing your free and billed usage in BSNL. You'll get screwed. The logic used by BSNL to calculate such mixed usage is weird. So keep your free and billed usages separate.