Picture Quality not clear on SD channels in Tata Sky HD

ISP
ACT
Hi Everyone,

I am using Tata Sky HD from past few months, i am pretty much satisfied with quality of HD channels and its sound, but picture quality of SD channels, which are not available in HD is poor.
Picture's of SD channels looks blur and its difficult to recognize faces on it. I searched online and found that Tata sky HD are showing HD channels in MPEG 4 compression technology and SD channels in MPEG 2 compression technology, that's why due to extra compression of SD channels, their picture quality is poor. I even called tata sky technician and they said that this is the best you can get for SD channels.

After checking other DTH sevices online i found Videocon d2h HD and Airtel DTV HD as better alternatives as they are using MPEG 4 compression technology thus showing better video quality, but there are Software and bad weather performance issues with Videocon d2h HD
and Airtel DTV HD packages are not that much good.
I want to know your suggestions whether its good to switch from Tata sky HD and if yes then which one will be good alternative.

Hi Everyone,

I am using Tata Sky HD from past few months, i am pretty much satisfied with quality of HD channels and its sound, but picture quality of SD channels, which are not available in HD is poor.
Picture's of SD channels looks blur and its difficult to recognize faces on it. I searched online and found that Tata sky HD are showing HD channels in MPEG 4 compression technology and SD channels in MPEG 2 compression technology, that's why due to extra compression of SD channels, their picture quality is poor. I even called tata sky technician and they said that this is the best you can get for SD channels.

After checking other DTH sevices online i found Videocon d2h HD and Airtel DTV HD as better alternatives as they are using MPEG 4 compression technology thus showing better video quality, but there are Software and bad weather performance issues with Videocon d2h HD
and Airtel DTV HD packages are not that much good.
I want to know your suggestions whether its good to switch from Tata sky HD and if yes then which one will be good alternative.

I am facing the same problem in Tata Sky from last 15 days. I am using Tata Sky from last 7 years and was satisfied but now when I upgraded my 4th TV also to HD, the technician replaced my dish with a bigger sized one and since then, the picture quality of SD channels have really gone bad. Can't recognize faces which are not in close up and fast moving scenes are not at all visible. Called upon Tata sky technical again and he said that this is the best I can get in SD channels. I am now planning to move to some other service probably Airtel. Any suggestions.