Amazon Fire TV Stick

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 28,960
because it was not working otherwise. i did read that people are able to access us content using dns services but i also read that you only get to access the content of the store you paid for. it does not seem to operate like netflix which gives you access to the content for the country that your ip belongs to.

a few more things about fire tv stick... alexa does not work. it was working for me originally because my account was set with Amazon kindle usa store. now it does not work at all lol. even searching for keywords seems to have worsened. what a shame. they have the technology... why not just keep it active even if it is not properly localized. my niece loves to use google voice search on our phones. she would have loved the same experience on the tv! but nope.

also... amazon, netflix and youtube apps (the ones i have installed on the device) have direct connectivity with the fire tv stick. it works basically like chromecast. casting button appears and you can start the video right from your phone. even if the tv is turned off... as long as fire tv stick is on (not sure about sleep mode), it turns on the tv for me, switches to hdmi and starts playing the movie. my mom was kind of amazed with this functionality.

w68hh62.webp
5POZ1yY.webp

prime video app actually has a button to start playing the video on fire stick which works the same way. using the mobile app is better than browsing through the content on the tv honestly so it's pretty nice feature to have.

Last edited:
thats why I kept asking if its possible to buy it without voice remote. Amazon should have kept it optional that way the price would have stayed low. Everyone will be using mobile as remote only

well you need the remote to connect the device to wifi and your account. the app only seems to work after that has happened. at least that was my experience. the app was useless when i resetted the device yesterday.

Californication was definitely censored when Prime Video launched. I checked 😀 If they have removed the censorship, cool!

I think if you use parental control, and set a pin for access, then it gives the uncensored version. Maybe you can check otherwise. I can see the uncensored version after doing this.

Only wireless bluetooth mouse is an option(not sure if at all it will work). So if you install an app meant for mobiles you may not be able to use it on fire tv stick. However, if the app is meant for Android TV OS, you will be able to navigate the app using stock remote.