Shifting to MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Supreme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,720

Supreme

ISP
Airtel
Just saw the new plans brought by mtnl on the WORLD TELECOM DAYAnd am thinking of getting the conenctionThose who have been using IT what do u suggest. Will it be worth or will it be same as that of sifyI am thinking of opting for the night Unlimited plan

I dont't know how reliable MTNL is, but BSNL's service is rock solid !Anyway, I think it would still be better than Sify.

If someone can please provide some feedback on the MTNL DSL NU plan I would be delighted. After over2 weeks of telling the Sify people to come over and start the connection, I've given up, now I'm going with some other ISP. So if anyone has tried this MTNL Night Unlimited connection please leave some feedback aout the service

BSNL is expected to slash Broadband rated by 100-150 bucks very soon or else they shall increase the bandwidth from 1 GB to 1.5 or so. This is expected pretty soon. Though source is not as solid that I can put it like a final but we can always be hopeful based on this info.

Yea, competition should make them do it.

One really important thing I'd like to know about is, whether we have to pay phone rental too? I mean if I apply for a new MTNL connection on a completely new number, do I have to pay the phone rental too along with the DSL charges? I already have a Tata FWP, so I do not need a phone, if I have to pay phone rentals too with the 700+/month for the night unlimited then its of no use. Please let me know

Does that mean I will be charged a telephone bill in excess of the adsl charges as in do I have to pay 700pm (adsl charges incl of service tax) + phone rental

Bill Total = Landline Rental + extra call charges + ADSL Rental + extra MB charge + Service Tax + Any other charge if any.Hope it is clear...

My online bill shows Rs.1493.35 as Other charges/adjustment apart from the usual telephone charges. I guess this relates to DataOne. I haven't got the actual bill yet. Do they give the actual breakup in the bill? I don't know how they arrived at this charge. May be they took part rental for a month. Anyway, I expected a bigger bill as I opted for outright purchase of the modem and payment of the years' bill at one go at a discounted rate of Rs.5000. Evidently, all those options I had to fill up in the form was not considered. If they also charged Rs.100 as modem rental, that would be worse. Any idea who I have to contact to get the matters rectified?

Tr your luck with the CO ( your areas ) and then with the GM Broadband. Once they lead you to the right person, pls do tell us what was his designation and how did they go about it.

Aren't there any MTNL ADSL users from Delhi here? Would love to hear their experiences.