Pan India MNP rollout by 3 May 2015

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
The Department of Telecom has set a target date of March 31, 2015 to implement the full mobile number portability (MNP), an official source said.
"The Telecom Commission has accepted TRAI's recommendations on full MNP," the source said.
The panel decision will now be placed before Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad for the final approval.

Source

Upcoming excuses:
  1. Equipment issues
  2. Technical difficulties
  3. Need more time
Result = Pan India MNP delays to 2016

Hopefully they don't delay it this time, desperately waiting for this
L2tSr0d.jpg

Hope this time its not postponed!

Will this making roaming FREE completely? Otherwise for me it wont be of help in foreseeable future as I dont plan to move out of Mumbai!

nope this has nothing to do with roaming, if you are a frequent roamer buy a BSNL sim here in UP E circle there are 4-5 tariffs which allow you to receive free incoming calls while roaming in both BSNL and MTNL network. Similar plans must be available with your MTNL in mumbai

MTNL mumbai roaming plan is COMPLETE WASTE and TOTALLY SENSELESS!!

First you have to pay 42Rs (earlier it was 72Rs) for a month of FREE incoming.

It does not have 5Rs per day plan like Vodafone and airtel has.

After you pay 42Rs your outgoing plan is changed to 3 paisa / 2 second.

Same plan applies even at HOME network!!

So if you go out of Mumbai for a 2-3days.

You pay 30-35 Rs extra and then when you are back home, instead of paying 1p/s you are charged 3p/2s!

Hence forth whenever I go on roaming, I call forward all calls to MTNL number to Vodafone! And activate 5Rs incoming on vodafone.

Much cheaper!

well full mnp looks to be coming finally. but roaming looks to stay here for a long time.

I believe TRAI's justification on not making roaming free was that the operator will simply pass the costs of roaming to all customers...

Probably. Also the licensing fees need to be regulated and reduced if India ever wants to make roaming go away.

Indian government thoko their chaati stating they generated so many thousands of crores through licensing ignoring the fact that the money in that sale would be recovered from the common man.