Movie In 700 Mb ?

ISP
2mbps UL "Magic Connection"
!!!Kindly Move to Appropriate section , mods!!!Movie in 700 MB ?what are the config to be selected.Hi,I downloaded several movies from torrents, DVDrip (avi files) whose sizes are approx 700 MB. with excellent Quality.Now the point is i copied a VOB file from a DVD to my PC, i.e. around 1.5 GB, now i wanted to trim it down to approx 700MB too.I used imtoo 3gp video converter which supports several video formats, i converted from vob ( 1hour 15 minutes movie) to avi (audio video interlaced (no DVIX or XVID ) and selecting some config (frames , bitrate etc...)similar to the 700 MB movie downloaded from torrent, but the converted movie came out to be a 850 MB+ file ( instead of a 3 hour movie {700 MB avi file} downloaded from torrents ),Now can somebody tell me, what config, converter to use, so as to convert these 1.5 GB+ vob movies to 700MB avi movies.

umm. i am yet to see a convertor which let you choose a targeted file size like adobe lets you do for image sizes while compressing an image. 🙁 why not try divx? it should reduce the size of the movie file so that it can fit on a CD Drive.

Doom9 is the best source for info and software when it comes to anything regarding ripping. I suggest you pay it a visit. 🙂

Try using miniCalc that comes with Xvid codec it lets u calculate the bitrate required for a movie to be encoded in so that u achieve a desired size..Even Divx offical codec has this option. 🙂

isn't xvid better than divx ?cos thats the format most stuff u will be pulling.. is in.

Xvid and Dvix both have there base as MPEG-4 ..Xvid is known to produce good quality in fast moving scene's (most english movies) whereas Divx is know for offering better quality on slow moving scenes(most hindi movies)As such the above statment isnt supported by some website or anything...its just what i have noted over the period of time.. opinions may vary .. so plz dont start flamin 😛

The best way to go about it is to convert your vob/dvd movie using xvid codec. You will have to tinker with the mini calc additionally u will also have to decide on a aspect ratio that best suits your mointor/needs.To restrict the converted file to near 700MB, u will have to use mp3 lame codec for audio.

nero recode.. i have been using it for some time and its good..but about restricting file size.. i dont know..

i remember seeing a dvd ripper which asked for the target file size.. but.. u had no control over the bitrate of the audio n video if u chose that option

QUOTE(rajeevsharma8888 @ Mar 10 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]82876[/snapback]
!!!Kindly Move to Appropriate section , mods!!![/b]
bas?!? You should also ask them to get you some chai, samosas, pepsi...

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Mar 11 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]82961[/snapback]
bas?!? You should also ask them to get you some chai, samosas, pepsi...[/b]

Yup, that's for sure !

but i prefer pizzazzzzzzzzzzz, n that too from pizza hut.. LOL

1.) AutoGordianKnot .2.) Virtualdub/Nandub/Virtualdubmod if you require more control and are a quality maniac.