MTNL Mumbai Mtnl Broadband Mumbai Not working consistently ADSL light On

• Thread starter Thread starter kar27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,485
ISP
MTNL Broadband
Hi
I recently installed MTNL Broadband but its not working properly. The ADSL light is stable all the time. After browsing the internet for some time it stops working even though the ADSL light is On. Then it starts working on its own again. So the internet is not working consistently. Can anyone please help with what the issue might be. The MTNL people are not being able to repair it

Same problem with me with more complication my internet start working only after 9 pm before that all day same problem like u face. Iam facing this problem from past two months & finally i found this usefull forum and decide to change my net provider,
I just suggest u its time to leave MTNL as now MTNL worker will start playing blame game on each other : brodband line man will gona excuse their is problem in ur teliphone line while Line man of landline will give u assurity of having a perfect working line.I can give u Grievance cell number but iam not sure either it works for u or not as I'm living in delhi.

MTNL is famous for it pathetic Customer care service {I'm Using MTNL from 4 years so easly judge mtnl on my experience} You need to complaint in grievance cell i.e some top level , there is nothing technical fault in yourcase its physical fault which need to be repaired by mtnl workers.

Just call 1504 and lodge a complaint. Usually it resolves all the problems. Sometimes they also tell about some ongoing repair work in the area.

i am also facing this issue, adsl is stable but no internet light. complained several times on 1504 and 198 but still no resolution.

Its the same New Alcatel server problem.

@OP
Bet your IP range is in 182.56.xxx.xxx

Why don't they fix the Alcatel server?

They are fully aware of the issue but they don't know how to fix it. They had even flown Alcatel's engineer team from Bengaluru but they could not replicate the problem in front of the team. So the engineers left without doing anything.

The problem is sporadic and occurs during peak traffix period. Other times, it is less obvious.

Reading this forum and several member's complaints, it appears to be burst speed issue. All ISP's have burst speeds which exceed maximum speed for few seconds till the connection is throttled back. The Alcatel server has negative burst speed which throttles connection very aggressively.

They should just use SOTL server for low speed connection like 2 mbps plan and for high speed plans like 8 mbps they can use this alcatel server.
Many of friends told me that they hardly face any issue with speed , connectivity etc with alcatel server and they are on 8 mbps plan.
while some of friends who are 2 mbps plan face terrible issues like sudden decrease / increase in speed, page loading issues etc.

They should just use SOTL server for low speed connection like 2 mbps plan and for high speed plans like 8 mbps they can use this alcatel server.
Many of friends told me that they hardly face any issue with speed , connectivity etc with alcatel server and they are on 8 mbps plan.
while some of friends who are 2 mbps plan face terrible issues like sudden decrease / increase in speed, page loading issues etc.

There is hardly any issue with speed on New Alcatel server. The issue is with timeouts because of aggressive throttling.

I have been facing similar issues with MTNL. It sucks when you're uploading content and it disconnects, and then you have restart the upload. Is there no way to fix it?

MTNL technicians do not do anything