World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 157
  • Views Views 51,255
I miss the old days of stone cold and rock and hardcore matches of holly brothers. Interesting characters came out in the late 90's and the script writers too wrote some crazy stuff. These days underwear models like john cena and HBK rule the show. WWE has already started showing matches from the achieves to keep the interest. In india too the WWE popularity has faded away. I remember how people used to force the cable wallah to show ten sports regardless of the ridiculously priced channel. WWE should kick out all show off wrestlers and recruit some passionate wrestlers and script writers else the mcmahon empire will fail within this decade.

In those days WWF was shown in Star Sports and very rarely we used to see super stars fighting with each other in the monday night raw but now on every raw and smackdown only superstars fight and are shown....... Those days the specail events were not telecasted in TV rather we need to buy video tapes for rent to view the special events such as wrestle mania, summer slam..... My all time favourites are Hitman, Stone Cold, Rock, the undertaker.......I hate HBK those days as those guys were cheaters in those when he was tied up with HHH and Chyna.....😡

Well all these are preplanned match but still i love iti have many special events CD/DVD bought from palika :thumbsup:

@ajuravi007That's right. Our cable wallah used to run vhs tapes on cable every sunday usually bought from the gulf. This was around 93ish i think. Then after 95? star sports started showing it on TV. I remember watching it at 6am in the morning before going to school. Actually i still have a dozen or so vhs tapes in the closet somewhere. The first tape was given to me by a relative called king of the ring 1993. All of them have arabic notes on them.I've stopped watching wwe a long time ago but my mother still does every week and she can tell you all the previous weeks plots or recall names of 30 wrestlers in an instant. Mick foley is her favorite.

I am still a big fan of WWE shows but i watch only RAW and Smackdown shows currently in tensports........

THIS IS REAL WWE.

WWE SmackDown SPOILER Results - May 1, 2009

Thanks to Sean Banner for these results from tonight's WWE tapings in New York City at Madison Square Garden:

* The Garden is about half full as the show starts.

* Wrestlemania 25 video review: Taker, Austin, and Jeff Hardy got the biggest pops. Cena got booed. RKO booed.

* Wrestlemania 26 promo for 3/26/10 in Phoenix, AZ.

Dark Match:

* Mike Knox defeated Ricky Ortiz in 5:57 after a carbon footprint-like move. Kids chanted "let's go Ricky."

WWE Friday Night SmackDown, Airing this Friday:

* Teddy Long comes out and announces the dark main event: Chris Jericho, Edge and Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio, John Cena and Batista.

* They announced a SmackDown taping for August 4th at the Nassau Coliseum. Tickets on sale this Saturday, May 2nd at 12 noon.

* Here comes Y2J to kick off the show. He called the fans whiny, petulant and ignorant and he is the biggest star to be drafted to Smackdown, and that he won't introduce himself. Jericho said he will take over Smackdown and will go to Judgment Day and win the belt. Edge comes out and calls Jericho rude for not introducing himself. Edge talked about beating Cena and becoming a 9 time champion and states it is his show. CM Punk comes out. Punk introduces himself and he is Mr. Money in the bank. They show him cashing in his first money in the bank. Jericho says no one cares what he says. Y2J confronts Punk and tells him that his the best and to Punk to leave th ring. Punk continues to make fun of Jericho and Y2J said he is done and walks out ot the backstage. Edge tells Punk that he will not listen to Punk either. Punk tells him to wait. There is no more Vickie on Smackdown. Punk informs Edge that they have a match to night. Edge calls the match a non-title warmup. Punk said that when he hit the GTS he will cash in MITB and become the World Heavyweight champion.

* JR and Grisham go over the Smackdown draft picks.

* John Morrison defeated Shelton Benjamin in 3:08 after a swinging neckbreaker. Athletic match. Morrison hit some nice kicks.

* They showed MVP's appearance on The View promoting his title match vs. Dolph Ziggler.

* Jericho is shown complaining to Teddy Long when The Great Khali walked in. Ranjin Singh said Khali told him to stop whining.

* Rey Mysterio vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kane vs. Chris Jericho. Jericho eliminated Kane at 4:50 .. Jericho is eliminated via DQ because he used a chair against Rey at 6:15. Only Rey and Hardy remain. Sweet series of counters mid match by Mysterio and Hardy. Jeff Hardy pinned Rey at 12:38 to become the #1 contender. Mysterio gave Hardy the 619 and west coast pop, and Jeff countered the west coast pop into a sunset flip and the clean pin. Match of the night so far.

* Jericho walks into Teddy Long's office and yells at Maria to see the GM. Edge comes in, Jericho leaves and Edge yells at Maria and then says "I'm gonna go call my wife" and leaves. Funny segment.

* Cryme Tyme comes out to the ring to do one of their spots.

* A Brooklyn breakdown dance competition with Layla vs. Eve. Eve won. They started to dance with Cryme Tyme then got into a catight, crowd chanted of "let them fight."

* Sherri Shepherd of The View is backstage with MVP.

* U.S. championship: MVP defeated Dolph Ziggler at 4:10 with his finisher to retain the U.S. title. Funny prematch promo. Ziggler said he was gonna win the title in New Jersey. Sherri from The View came out with MVP. She slapped Ziggler in the face mid match.

* Jericho yelling at Teddy Long, Morrison comes out. They have words. Y2J slaps Morrison, they fight and get pulled apart.

* Non-title match: CM Punk vs. Edge. Edge countered Punk's GTS into a sharpshooter. Punk won with the GTS. Punk is cashing in MITB. Umaga comes out of the crowd and superkicks then powerslams Punk. Jeff Hardy comes out and hits a whisper in the wind and a swanton bomb on Edge. Title match is a no contest. Punk took the briefcase with him when he left. Possibly to say he never go the match?

* Smackdown ends.

THIS WAS PUBLISHED ON 29/4/09
NOW SEE THE ACTUAL RESULTS SHOWN IN WWE.COM ON SATURDAY

* John Morrison def. Shelton Benjamin
* Jeff Hardy def. Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Kane (No. 1 Contender Fatal Four Way Elimination Match)
* Eve def. Layla (Cryme Tyme’s Brooklyn Break-Down Diva Dance Off)
* United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter def. Dolph Ziggler (United States Championship Match)
* CM Punk def. World Heavyweight Champion Edge (Non-title)

watch and compare the results!!!!!!!!!!!!😀😀

----------

https://broadband.forum/sports-discussion/39521-wwe-raw-and-smackdown/

here is a link to wwe thread
its not working

its so fake... i still dont understand how they get so much crowd

I feel the same about movies 😛 ... and some have said the same about cricket 😕More than cricket, nowadays people go for the drama & the fake thrill that the organizers generate in terms of rivalries ...WWE thrives on that - such fake rivalries

yeah. cricket today is like wwe. if you take it too seriously, you are probably a moron.

Personally I like it as a sport (played a bit) and like watching cricket as a sport. There is so much hype & thrill generated for revenues which I do not like. I would prefer watching even a good game between Kenya & Bangladesh than a cheap thrill India-Pakistan which is one-sided.

^ The rivalry goes back a long time. Who can ever forget WrestleMania VI, SkyDome in Toronto, Ontario in the midst of 67,678 shouting fans, Ultimate Warrior silenced the Hulkamaniacs!