BSNL Dataone Down for 3 days

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjitcx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5,254

sanjitcx

Hi,I am from Ranchi and was faced with an acute problem since Saturday afternoon.On Saturday afternoon, though the connection was made, there was a much longer stay of the message "veryfying username & password". After that the pages took much much much longer time to open the speed was very very slow. Apart from this the 'disconnection' problem started happening frequently. Since I have no telephone no. & the toll free no. was of no use I had a terrific time for the last two days. Yesterday being Sunday there was no man in the exchange. It was only today morning when I contacted the exchange and they told me that there is a problem in Net-One.Is there anbody from Ranchi / other places facing the same problem? Can anybody give any useful number(s) so that I can contact in future in case of any failure.sanjitcx

Must be a local problem. I've not faced this type of problem so far in Calcutta. A couple of times the Error 678 problems cropped up. During the strike it lasted 2 days. It was a problem in my exchange as others here could access the service. But when the net is on, it is blazing fast. But I see this type of problem often at my office. We have a 2Mbps leased line (from Sify or someone) and sometimes the fluctuations in speed are terrible.

Originally posted by Hulo@May 16 2005, 11:57 PM
Must be a local problem. I've not faced this type of problem so far in Calcutta. A couple of times the Error 678 problems cropped up. During the strike it lasted 2 days. It was a problem in my exchange as others here could access the service. But when the net is on, it is blazing fast. But I see this type of problem often at my office. We have a 2Mbps leased line (from Sify or someone) and sometimes the fluctuations in speed are terrible.
[snapback]9469[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks Hulo for the feedback. Is there any telephone no. I can contact. Actually presently our Ranchi exchange is linked with Calcutta exchange only.

sanjitcx

I hope you are right Sanjit. I was out of station since last sunday and my father called me on friday to inform that the connection was down since thursday. On returning home, I found that the ADSL link was there, but no data was flowing. The modem log showed the following error message :// Connecting PPPoE socket: 00:00:00:00:00:00 0000 0x1000d378Couldn't get channel number: Transport endpoint is not connectedDoing disconnect //Finally on monday, the BSNL techs took a note of the message and fortunately connection was restored in the evening. But there were frequent loss of ADSL link last evening, there might have been some maintainance going on I hope. DataOne was down for a night few week back in Kolkata, as far as I remember. Can any DataOne user in Kolkata share his/her phone no. so that I might verify whenever the service is down ? I hope a Kolkatan to reply...

Agnivo007 - U can get me during the day for BSNL feedback. But for safety, I want u to give me some data about u and a valid email id

I have sent a PM for the above.Cheers, AR.

QUOTE(sanjitcx @ May 16 2005, 10:11 PM) [snapback]9460[/snapback]
Hi,
I am from Ranchi and was faced with an acute problem since Saturday afternoon.
On Saturday afternoon, though the connection was made, there was a much longer stay of the message "veryfying username & password". After that the pages took much much much longer time to open the speed was very very slow. Apart from this the 'disconnection' problem started happening frequently.
Since I have no telephone no. & the toll free no. was of no use I had a terrific time for the last two days. Yesterday being Sunday there was no man in the exchange. It was only today morning when I contacted the exchange and they told me that there is a problem in Net-One.

Is there anbody from Ranchi / other places facing the same problem? Can anybody give any useful number(s) so that I can contact in future in case of any failure.
sanjitcx[/b]

Bhai aap Ranchi BSNL ki directory service 197 pe pata ker sakte ho no. aise ek or toll free no hai 1957 for all internet service in ranchi Dataone ki complain bhi wahan ker sakte ho aap.

QUOTE(agnivo007 @ May 17 2005, 08:09 AM) [snapback]9489[/snapback]
I hope you are right Sanjit. I was out of station since last sunday and my father called me on friday to inform that the connection was down since thursday. On returning home, I found that the ADSL link was there, but no data was flowing. The modem log showed the following error message :
// Connecting PPPoE socket: 00:00:00:00:00:00 0000 0x1000d378
Couldn't get channel number: Transport endpoint is not connected
Doing disconnect //
Finally on monday, the BSNL techs took a note of the message and fortunately connection was restored in the evening. But there were frequent loss of ADSL link last evening, there might have been some maintainance going on I hope. DataOne was down for a night few week back in Kolkata, as far as I remember.
Can any DataOne user in Kolkata share his/her phone no. so that I might verify whenever the service is down ? I hope a Kolkatan to reply...[/b]

This happens some times check your ADSL modem as the ADSL modem that is provided by BSNL ( of lowest price) sometime create this type of problem change your modem with gud one from BSNL of from out side 🙂 this must solve your problem. and whenever servers down therewere no link you will find.