Ntsc On Tata Sky

• Thread starter Thread starter frowdow
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 13,281

frowdow

Hi Everbody,I need to know, rather urgently (seeing that the World Cup is just a few days away), whether there is any which way (legal/illegal both welcome) i can receive NTSC output from the STB for a Tata Sky subscription. My brother has a 52'' Plasma TV from the U.S which he is unable to use here, precisely because of this reason. We have tried contacting a few people, but the answers we get a flat out "no" to an asinine "Yes, if your TV support A/V inputs(!!!)".Please do let me know if anyone out there has tried working the STB (either TS provided or independently purchased) to emit NTSC output.Much appreciated,Thanks,--Frowdow

I looked up their user manual (avail on their site) which gives video output as PAL-G. No mention of NTSC in it anywhere.

You might be able to find some kind of PAL to NTSC converter though. Ok, here are a couple

$249 http://www.barrel-of-monkeys.com/graphics/...1660/1660.shtml
$199 http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/Misc_htm/m_kdv500.htm

Yes, unfortunately as orangehues too mentioned, the transmission is in PAL-G to adhere to India standards 🙁 Even my TV-Tuner has NTSC analog input, and I hence plan to use the A/V input instead in the card. I am in US, but could not find a cheap simple PAL to NTSC hardware convertor.

QUOTE(Frowdow @ Mar 8 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]82542[/snapback]
My brother has a 52'' Plasma TV from the U.S which he is unable to use here, precisely because of this reason. We have tried contacting a few people, but the answers we get a flat out "no" to an asinine "Yes, if your TV support A/V inputs(!!!)".[/b]
No one bothered to check on this little detail b4 sinking a cpl of grand !?!

The A/v inputs is what you would use with the above links (lucky u as i thought there would be no hope)

Don't forget to let us know how well it worked.

TVs have for quite some time now been equipped with "universal" tuners in them, i.e they support both NTSC as well as PAL formats. You sure that the plasma is NTSC only?

Yeah, he made the mistake of buying in the US and not doing the homework, one of the really anoying things is vendors there don't have to support other systems like they do in the rest of the world as there isn't a market for it.this has the slight benefit of lowering prices in the US compared to other countries.