MTNL Broadband Scheme

• Thread starter Thread starter ways2gain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 11,601
W

ways2gain

Crazy announcement by MTNL of Unlimited surfing and No rent. They will charge Rs 2 per Mb of transfer. This means 1 Gb would mean a bill of Rs 2000 which is much lower right now.I guess this must be a parallel scheme for low end users who cant even afford Rs 399 per month.If that is so then thats a nice way to propel growth of broadband.

what do you mean much lower now???bsnl's home 1800 plan will cost around 2000 a month and that has a 5gb download limit with some similar ridiculous charge per MB beyond that...

A low end user who wants to just checks mails etc and surf a wee bit can do with a 10-100 MB d/l and would pay Rs 20 to 200. And in those months where he is not using it at all may even escape with no charges under this new scheme of MTNL. A freind of mine is in that category and he asked if BSNL also has such a scheme.

Yea, this type of schemes is not for bandwidth guzzlers like us, it's a crap !

I dont know wat MTNL people are upto. They are the most dumb people on earth. Such 3rd class scheme

Right. What's the use of broadband for an user who only checks his emails and view a page or 2 from time to time? The scheme must have come frm the head to sarakri babus trying to get smart.

They are trying to create a user base and also reach the big numbers ( of subscribers ) they had announced as target. This way they also guzzle up future users of the net and deprive others of the same. Its a reverse game they intent to play. Lets see if it pays off or not.

By this scheme they plan to charge RS 2000 for 1 GB of data transfer whereas BSNL is offering 1 GB at RS 500 .So MTNL is 4 times costlier than BSNLThey screwed up their GPRS plans as well.In Delhi they are offering 5 MB of data transfer at Rs 200 per month for phone browsing onlyHutch offers unlimted @ Rs 99 for phone browsing plus free MMSPeople go for MTNL bcoz of its cheap rates and now MTNL is losing on even that front.The success BSNL has made.....MTNL will never be able to make in DELHI

Hutch charges Rs 99 for phone browsing plus MMS which is crap. While net surfinf thru GPRS thru Hutch is pretty costly as its billed on bandwidth usage. Airtel though allows net surfing thru GPRS for Rs 199 and the charges are much lower than Hutch.

There is no doubt that the recent plan announced by MTNL is totally FALTUU.. as someone has rightly mentioned that one has to pay Rs. 2000/- for 1GB whereas at BSNL it is only Rs. 500/-. Almost all the aspects expect one have been covered in this discussion. The aspect which is left is, it is my strong believ that BSNL will also bring some plan similar to MTNL and in that case most of us will have no other option but either to surrender or to swtich over to any other provider.Broad-Band is going to which way - cheaper of costilier?Hope the concerned authorities will realise the ground realities and take appropriate action.sanjitcx

Today read in newspaper that, MTNL (from today)has cost free internet browsing between 12 midnight to 8 morning and it says there will be no limit on the downloads.But after 8, a user 'll be charged according to his/her Triband scheme.I have lots of confusion here...whether it is applied for dial-up users or the Triband users?Help needed seriously !

Pls copy and paste what u read in the papers because I could not find the article.

Well there's a scheme of about 500-600 a month in which person gets 500 MB data transfer free during day time and unlimited free at night time @ 256 kbpsBut night time is from 0000 hrs to 0800 hrs.This plan may be good who had opted for Sify unltd Night 256 kbps plan. It's cheaper than that and offers u day browsing also though too lessI wud have gone for MTNL had they offrered 1 GB daytime and unlimited at night at 500 RS pm

Hmmm..............innovative. BSNL and MTNL should launch packages after consulting each other. This will make them take out good schemes.